BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d
7 hours ago, Dat111 said:

its more having a turbo beanie. im highly considering having one, an stuffing it  under the stock heat shield. to keep that hear housing nice an warm

Not needed if you're using stock heat shield. It won't make your turbo perform better.

Heat management is a massive reliability issue when you deviate from the stock hot side, so it's good you're thinking about it 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Massive shout out to @JETURBO. Helped me work through some driveability issues with my tune, and then the thread about TMAP sensors came up, prompting me to change out whatever dog sh*t 4 bar sensor I had for an Omni 5 bar. 

Night and day difference. Can confirm how critical low down resolution is.

Edging ever closer to making the car what I want. A super tidy cruiser that can scare the crap out of you when needed, but is comfortable, functional and reliable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
2 hours ago, Tom Tucker said:

whatever dog sh*t 4 bar sensor I had

Tell us what it was so we can avoid it. Was it a boost sensor or a tmap?

I'll swap to a 5 bar tmap down the track thanks to Aaron's advice, but I'm maxed out on the injectors for now so no point upgrading yet.

Did you manage to drive it with both turbine housings? Any chance of a video of it getting hammered lol?

• Donating Members

I'm pretty sure it was a Bosch 4 bar, but I didn't choose it. Would have been better off with a Bosch blue 3 bar, coz I only run 25psi. But now I can send it in future.

I'm pretty sure I can get more boost into it with more wastegate spring, it's only a 1 bar. But I couldn't be bothered for now.

I drove it with both turbine housings, but the 1.01 was only initial run in, so only gentle driving. The 1.21 got swapped in when we tried to send it, and turned out to come on earlier and make more power.

No footage yet, but I shall try. I need new tyres, so it's a bit wild atm haha

Still some minor driveability stuff to sort, it goes rich and misses or bogs down on some higher rpm and load gear shifts, might need to look at throttle dampening. But now the TMAP is sorted, the Haltech can start proper long term trim adjustments without being thrown out

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Ah ok, it's more of a tune related issue then.

Sounds like you need someone who actually knows what they're doing to tune your car, rather than have every man and his dog have a go. It would take just a few gear shifts to fix the tune.

Good luck with it all mate

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 9d

I'm still not clear on the Tmap part. I presume it was boost and throttle transients where the old way suffered????

Regardless, to confirm, I take it the new way ford is the 4 bar boost sensor and 5 bar tmap kit like the following....

https://www.independentmotorsports.com.au/ford-fg-fgx-xr6-barra-5-bar-map-sensor-kit