BF Mk 2, not unopened anymore, not stock turbo anymore

Tom Tucker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Car is in for full send tune lads. Hopefully I've got some good news in a week or so.

Only issue I had during run in period was some crank position sensor gremlins. I replaced the sensor with a new genuine one and it made no difference, so I'm hoping it's a Haltech settings thing

• Like 3

• Donating Members

Progress report.

530kw @ 21psi.

It comes on even earlier and harder than run in tune. I'll post a comparison when it's all finished, but it looks like it will be a handful. 

Running out of rear housing (it's only a 1.01). Expected this. And ignition issues are creeping in.

Looks like I'll have to throw the PRP R35 kit in, and look at a bigger rear housing later on.

• Like 4

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Good result there, sounds about right for what it is. Gonna push it further or leave it there?

I've run 700awkw/e85 on new stock bf coils and stock gas plugs gapped to 0.4mm. Gap down a little to 0.5mm and you should be fine.

Be sure to post up a clip of it accelerating to "110"kph or a couple of rolls. ;)

• Donating Members

Only half sent so far. It will take more. The tuner reckons he can get 25psi into the midrange and it will trail off up high. We shall see!

Oh, and I'll have to take some footage at the next happy laps. Looks like it might fry 4th gear coming on, which isn't ideal on the street haha

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I dropped the PRP R35 coil kit over this morning (and FG rocker cover). It should allow a bit more boost to be fed in. Limiting factor will be rear housing and turbo shaft speed. Stay tuned....

@joncitizen pedal feel is lighter than the single plate. There is a bit of chatter, but its reducing every time it's driven during break in. Twin plate is the only option at this power level, and this is not a bad one so far. Could do a drive through easily.