Dauntless

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 10d

Only started playing a few weeks ago - it's easy to start.  But as I get into it more and learn about ways to kill the Behemoths with the weapons and augmentations available for the weapons and the Behemoths' attack modes - it's pretty engaging. 

So much so that when I wake up in the morning but still have my eyes closed - my mind sees what I see on the screen ...   

I reckon Epic Games are onto another winner.  Only launched on PS4 back in May 2019 though its been available out on PC for about a year now.

• 1 month later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Yeah its F2P and cross-platform.  I'm on a PS4 and there are heaps of others on PC/MAC I think.  Managed to build up my weapons and armour but it's pretty hard once you reach +10 armour and +11 weapons to make progress.  

The stuff you pay for is cosmetic only - you can't pay to win - moving ahead depends on skill, knowledge and team co-operation I think.  Though I hear of some slayers who go solo and slay some tough behemoths on Reddit.

The weapon selection has expanded since I started playing back in Aug.  Swords, Axes, Hammers, Pikes (or spears), Repeaters (or guns) and just recently Gloves (as in boxing gloves - they are called Strikers in Dauntless).   Plus you can load-out with missiles that are firey, icey or increase your slayers' health after they hit the behemoth.  It has a bit of complexitity in how what I would call you add to your skills - this is through cells that can do things like make you move faster, give you faster rezzing (of other dead slayers) and better shielding (reduce damage to yourself).

So far it's been pretty engrossing.   Added a keyboard to my PS4 so I could chat faster in-world with the other PC players.   Though there is in-world VoIP for voice chatting.   I'd recommend a look if you have not tried it yet - could get pretty big as it was beta up to recent - just went Version 1.0 back in end of Sep I think.

:beerchug: 

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 21d
On 28/08/2019 at 9:54 AM, bloodycrashboy said:

Does that have anything to do with the movie Divergent?

first thing I thought of when reading the topic lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Be great to join up in a FordXR6Turbo hunt group on Dauntless :roflmbo:

If anyone plays Dauntless - let me know your Epic Username and I'll add you as friend.  We can then set up a hunting party if we are on-line at the same time.

BWat1lK.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

So here are 2 vids I made yesterday about Dauntless.  Had a few people ask me on Reddit about my looks so made a vid showing how I did that.  Then also did a vid of one my fights in an arena called Trials within Dauntless (which is different from regular hunts in the biomes - its a timed trial to see how fast you can kill the Behemoth).  If anyone plays Dauntless on here I'd like to meet up with them in-game.  My IGN is EvilDaifu :beerchug:

My looks - enjoy :thumbsup:

My Trials Normal fight against a Behemoth called Shockjaw Nayzaga :joy: