Will a GTX3576R turbocharger bolt up to factory?

Draino

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 7m 29d
On 05/11/2019 at 10:43 PM, Draino said:

....probably in a way that was staring at me the whole time......

I forgot to add, this was exactly how it went down. Anyone wanting to put a GTX Gen 2 turbocharger on a B series manifold in a territory, you can do it easily by drilling new holes in the old actuator bracket. You can use the old actuator as well, and it fits with approximately 3mm of preload which is a tad more than required (use a persuadertron to relieve it if you want).

I'll add a photo when Im back under it again as it will show you exactly where I drilled. Using the supplied GTX Gen 2 bracket is basically impossible due to the locations of the fastener bosses cast into the cover, they aren't in the same place as the OEM turbocharger.

14 hours ago, Draino said:

👍

Omg Im black! Does mum know???

Edited by Draino

• Donating Members

Cracked turbine housing in the flapper area and between the dump pipe holes. Could have a new housing for ~$950 but 250,000kms I figured get something nice.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 10y 6d
On 12/12/2019 at 12:56 PM, Draino said:

I forgot to add, this was exactly how it went down. Anyone wanting to put a GTX Gen 2 turbocharger on a B series manifold in a territory, you can do it easily by drilling new holes in the old actuator bracket. You can use the old actuator as well, and it fits with approximately 3mm of preload which is a tad more than required (use a persuadertron to relieve it if you want).

I'll add a photo when Im back under it again as it will show you exactly where I drilled. Using the supplied GTX Gen 2 bracket is basically impossible due to the locations of the fastener bosses cast into the cover, they aren't in the same place as the OEM turbocharger.

Omg Im black! Does mum know???

Did you happen to have a pic of what you did to the actuator?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

No, unfortunately I didn't. But now that Im about to do the front diff bushes I might be able to get a decent picture. Also fitting one one of the HDI intercooler kits that came out at the start of the year.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d
Did you happen to have a pic of what you did to the actuator?
Give me a little time and I'll find the topic on a Territory group in Facebook (I don't go to Facebook much anymore). I know I've saved it and the bloke had a bracket made as said above the aftermarket doesn't fit but this dude on Facebook also mentioned that the bracket needed bracing (unsure if it was stock one or the custom bracket) as it was flexing mucking up the tuning...
The actuator rod needed to be longer and he had to also bend it like a lightning bolt if you get the idea!
Xforce dump pipes fit but need persuasion via gentle violence (a ball peen hammer)...

• Donating Members

The group is called "Territory Mods" and Steve Smith is the bloke with a heap of posts. Apologies if you are a member here Steve...

24th April 2020 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/198178644028816/permalink/846375749209099/

23rd April 2020 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/198178644028816/permalink/845564352623572/

and 4th May 2020 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/198178644028816/permalink/853220738524600/

Seems I was the one talking about the bracket flexing with knowledge from another mate (@Grego.77)...

Best memory ever!

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 6d

Thx bjc. I have seen that post, but forgot about it. I'm not after crazy power and think I'll end up staying with the stock front and rear housing(with modified flapper) and 4 inch dump

• Donating Members

I run the standard turbo, no wastegate porting and no dump pipe but gutted cat and the bung removed from the middle muffler. The usual front mount IC and turbo side intake.
Not much changed in my tune and it runs 18psi in the mid and tapering off to 14 or 12psi. Hasn't been on a dyno so I have nfi what power it has. All gears are usable with my set up and using 1st is what gives me the advantage street light racing.
I don't want crazy power, just what the stock turbo can do and later switch to a 67mm turbo like Puffwagon recommended. It will probably be a Pulsar turbo but I'd like to see how balanced they are before buying...

• Like 1