Will a GTX3576R turbocharger bolt up to factory?

Draino

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 7m 2d

How important is correct angle of the CHRA when mounted? I could probably get the actuator mounts in the right spot if I could turn the cartridge anti clockwise a bit. Is this allowed?

Wait, Im thinking before having my first coffee, cancel that. :beeer:

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Hey Aaron 

sheeeet this is always a PITA with turbochargers but having an aftermarket turbo with factory actuators can be a royal pain as they have zero adjustments 

anyway yes you can rotate a CHRA physically as you know but the angle for oil drain down with gravity needs to be no more than say 45* otherwise it can “Pool” in the CHRA outlet and cause issues 

feel free to txt me if you have anymore issues mate as I’ll be able to help out :) 

Edited by JETURBO

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Well, it works! 

Been driving it for four days and will drive it one more to get some heat through all the bits that need to 'settle in' before I go back and re tororque the fasteners as JETURBO says I should. It's on the factory tune still, so very gently letting it come on boost and heat up everything. It seems fine though Im not giving it w.o.t. anytime until it gets on a dyno. Injectors next, and a new cat pipe as mine is making funny noises. Then it will be an intercooler and dyno.

Ive had to "custom" make an intake pipe step down for the 4" inlet, as there is no way to fit a regular silicone one on and still clear the PS pump. Other than that, Im looking forward to some reliable p.s.I. in the near future!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Just checkin back in. I replaced the cat pipe which was leaking and I figured why not just replace the whole lot. $650 or thereabouts for a big stainless one from Venom Exhausts. Bolted in absolutely perfectly, cleared everything and all gaskets and fasteners supplied. Boy has that got rid of the farty leak sound and given me a nice throaty burble. Checked the first muffler pipe and someone has de-bunged it already. Car revs easier now, seems happier! Have injectors and a fuel pump on the way. Went with the regular 255lph Walbro and some 42Lb Bosch injectors. Keeping it moderate. Keeping it sane. For now...

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Depending on how much boost. You dont really need to change fuel pump. I run 750cc inj and 12psi , stock fuel pump. My territory is 2010 model though. 

• Donating Members

My car is 2007 and who knows how long the pump has been in there (250,000kms). I dont plan on running more than 12 pounds either.

What plugs are you running, if you don't mind me asking? I've got six genuine ford coils en route. Not sure about sparks though.