Will a GTX3576R turbocharger bolt up to factory?

Draino

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 29d

if I had my time again I would have gone a gtx3576 

wasnt popular at the time (many years ago now), was more expensive than the gtx3582 I bought. 

definitely get it from jeturbo and not some ebay special. lel.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 1d

Hey, do I get a spotters fee???

I had the gtx3576 gen1 for a little while, but was used to having 400rwkw+ on pump 98. So sold it and got a efr9174 with .82 iwg housing. Spools just as quick, but goes way harder - 450rwkw still on pump fuel.

Lots of ways of getting quick spool these days, but the gtx is the easiest bolt on for what you want.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 7m 29d

Im looking forward to it. Also going to pull the trigger on a Nizpro box. It's bloody costly, but when you live so far from decent wrecking yards (I.e. interstate) and have a high mileage box already, it's just gonna have to be done.

And yeah, you should totally get like a free something or other :)

Edited by Draino

• Donating Members

I will talk to CMS, thanks guys.

I spoke to 'Arr Vee Ohh' back in February when and the business owner and "technician" told me over the phone that not only could I have the world for just $4500, but that he was building the ZF for that very prominent regional Victorian workshop with a 9 sec Turbo Territory. 

I ran. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members

Can confirm, 3576 does bolt up :)

Ive been so slack guys, had a bit of a roller coaster this month. What can I say, life comes at you fast. Anyway, its all aligned and ready to be fired up. My goodness, I've never appreciated whats involved in correctly clocking a the turbocharger on a barra motor, wastegate actuator rod clearance etc! Man I've had that manifold on and off so many times!

• Donating Members

Lol, cancel that. I just cant get the GTX2 actuator to clear. The old actuator bracket doesnt fit as the factory 3582 has smaller spacing between the comp housing bolts. The factory GTX2 bracket is too far out from the cover meaning the rods fouls the engine mount. I can make it clear by rotating to comp cover but the my piping wont fit at all.

I got a bracket fron Intune which put the actuator in the perfect position and angle, but it too is for the smaller 3582 oem cover spacing.

Its looking like a custom bracket  now, no big deal. So close, I can taste it!

20191105_174224.jpg

20191105_173928.jpg

20191105_174039.jpg