Will a GTX3576R turbocharger bolt up to factory?

Draino

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 7m 29d

Gday Fellas,

Nice digs you got here :) 

I have a cracked turbine housing on my high KM territory and want to fit a new turbocharger. I don't plan on huge boost (no one expects the inquisition either) and prefer low down grunt so the GTX3576 is on my radar.

What model turbochargers can I bolt up to the factory manifold and dump pipe? Happy to change cold side inlet/outlet. Thanks you guys, there seems to be a tonne of experience here!

Edited by Draino

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

yeah, a GTX3576R will fit as long as it comes with a correct 5-bolt-internally-gated exhaust housing aside from the air intake being a 4" instead of a 3".

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

haha no worries, mate. everybody is welcome here and we will be happy to help whoever comes along whenever we have the opportunity to :)

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d

Due to VERY short piping on the territory lag is very minimal. I would just replace with stock larger factory turbo and spend the saved cash on a tune. 11-12 psi with all factory gear and an exhaust de-bung and you will be surprised how well they go.

Mine has no lag.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 12d
6 hours ago, Draino said:

What model turbochargers can I bolt up to the factory manifold and dump pipe?

GT3576, GT3582, GTX3576, GTX3582

Those are you main choices, all sharing the same rear housing.  Just comes down to budget(if there's one), how fast you want to spool, and top end.

To me the GTX3576 fits perfect and lose nothing down low even with the lower boost.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 2d

Add PTE6235 to that list. Spools quicker than the gtx3582 and makes similar power. Then there are the procharge upgrades as well.

Lots of good options. Maybe get whats cheapest locally and your tuner is familiar working with.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 7m 29d

I guess Im leaning to the 76 because I just dont rev the old bus that hard. Different story if it was a sedan. I mean cracked housing is one thing, then the fact the cartridge has done 1/4 of a million kms means I need a complete turbo. I suppose I should tell more about the setup plans: Debung the factory exhaust, 60lb injectors, airbox modded and run 1 bar tops.

Its sad that the older I get, the more 'driveability' I want compared with that face melting boost hit. Maybe I should look at a Toureg :riaa:

How much more driveabillity can a 76 deliver over an 82 on a barra, if any?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Hahahaha hey ol mate I’ll do my best 

I’ve just sent a complete new GTX G2 3576 to N.T for a customer who also is requesting little to no loss in spool time and obviously the ability to make some good top end numbers and that’s exactly what the 76 can do 

on a TT it would literally make 20 psi @ 2750rpm no worries lol and that’s alot of mumbo 

This sounds exactly what you will want @Draino and if so hit me up with a P.M and I’ll get you a better than RRP price on a complete unit with Genuine Garrett actuator and my spec new rear housing with a big 39mm port and Flapper including a full gasket kit, nut snd stud kit,silicone joiner upgrade kit all to suit a bolt on application ( obviously requires tuning to suit ) 

itxsvfIAmK91YnP.jpg