turbo setup BF F6

exploitedf6

• Member For: 4y 7m 20d

I have just purchased id 2000s and a have mine up on gumtree. 

havnt done much to the car in a few weeks really. have been doing the sound system, nothing major but I didnt like the how it had a second head unit and when I went to pull it out the person who had installed it had cut the factory wiring right up under the dash and it was impossible to re join the wiring up with out making a pig of it.

I have just brought a few more goodies

- new black earls turbo line

-new plugs and coil packs

-gasket kit 

- few speedflow fittings and some braid hose

inter cooler arrived the other week and its quiet alot bigger then the nizpro unit that was fitted back in its day.

3" hot side cooler piping will be getting made up by my mate when he is back from work looking at removing all the joiners or at least leaving in the system so it can have some play

still think im going to get a g42-1200 on a high mount manifold with a 60mm gate to suit.

got given the old paper work for my car and quiet a few old parts. it does have a built bottom end with spool rods and and manely xr6 series piston. also got given a 3200 stall that came from all fast. not sure if it is any good I will have to drop it into them and see if they can split it. 

I was given a spare cradle with a IMS mount welded on but no diff hat (used on one of his other cars) 

car had PTE 7675 before I had brought it. I had offered to pay extra to get the setup but the previous wouldnt budget. 

I want attend RWs next year I know im not going tomake or break any records. but would love to enter as every year I always tell my self next year I will do it. now that I finally have a car that has proper potential instead of driving a clapped commodore 😂I wont feel so much like a retard.

how far would oem coil packs go? and what have people done when they run out of spark? 

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

nice update :) we generally need pics with that sort of update :P

oem coil packs will be fine :) if you need extra spark at stupid high boost levels then get a spark booster, rather than trying to replace the whole system

I will chuck some pics up when I get in from work. car needs a good clean as its covered in dust (filter on our dryer is broken and is next to my car has made a nice film of lint)

spark is good and strong at the time being. what would you recommend for boosting spark?. 

unfortunately left hand rear quarter has started to bubble up where the filler neck is (between the inside spot welds) want to find a new replacement quarter to stick in. was previously automotive re finisher prior to my new career being a mech fitter. and have done these in the past but the panels were supplied by the customer. I would prefer genuine and happy to pay for genuine aswell. I dont fancy using a SSS part as the fitment will no doubt be off.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

The bloke that owned that car back in the day was "captain underpants"

I will find some threads , images and posts. Turbo falcon  Car scene in Perth is small.

Edited by arronm

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

the car was in deed ottaways old car I have all the factory paperwork when he ordered from ford. it is 1:1 ordered because of dark argents and the upgraded brembos. 6/4s

and it came with few invoices from simon with kaels name on them. 

I also some how ended with kaels invoice from ford from his blue typhoon when he picked that up to LOL

how ever I dont think phill brought the car off kael as it sat unrego for sometime and phill had some trouble getting re rego again due to some reason with who ever owned it. (not money related). been to a few track days back in the day when I was younger. and watched the f6 nearly go in to the barrier before the main straight at barabgallos. old man has blood orange BA GT with the plates liv42day. 

when phill brought it. it wasnt running, blown head. I have the motor out of it. and it now has the motor from one of phills ego f6. it was pushing north of 700rwhp. I have the all the documents from simons with what was put into it.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
25 minutes ago, arronm said:

Looks like same plates.  Different car. 

Was the red one ones by Daniel Otway??

yep, same plates, went to a new car it appears :). I didn't remember that CAT600 (Dan Otway) actually had a red typhoon (probably don't frequent FF often enough to notice it.

• 5 months later...

hey guys, hope everyones doing well.

been a crazy few months with work and life etc, currently away from work in the USA for a month to catch up with the old boy. 

the phoon has been parked up for a few months, and in that time ive sent the 6/4s away to get them painted candy apple red. I have also put the new two piece rotors on the front from dba with matching dba 5000s club specs on the rear accompanied with project mue green pads. the car already had braided lines fitted and they seemed too be in fresh condition so I have left them in their place. I also replaced the leaking master cylinder as well. even after I was supplied the wrong master that didn't fit one of my flare nuts even after checking with the supplier they were adamant I was wrong. A local shop near my house Lost Racing Performance helped me out for only around $20.00 I just took him my brake lines they got re-flared. I have replaced sway bars, all the bushes and the half shafts as I thought back on my birthday smoking up some semis would be brilliant #ripcvs 

for the past 8 months I have been stowing away parts and changing a few things & tidying some stuff up in the bay im ready to pull the motor out when I get home and give the bay a some love. deleting the battery tray, looking into moving the computer into the cabain at the moment and ill be tidying the factory seam sealer up on the firewall then give it a coat of red. will also paint the donk up while I am at it. also going to replace oil pump timing chain and so on while it is out. for safety measures. as last year oil pressure seemed lower then usual. 

I need to get my pipe work fabbed up as I sold the PW pipe kit to a mate, I never had intention of using it anyway. as I wanted different sizing and to make it appear neater with the addition of plaz clamps. 

all I have left to purchase is the PTE 6875 gen 2 & crg high mount. I do want to swap my exhaust out while I am at it. Then it will be off to see simon so he can work his magical touch at XFT. 

Im in no rush for the car as I have my daily back now, currently saving an extra $800.00 ish a month on fuel lol.

• Like 1