turbo setup BF F6

exploitedf6

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d
2 minutes ago, exploitedf6 said:

Got caught up around a big tree in Kalamunda

ah, I see... I had guessed it was something like that, but I was doubting my first instinct thinking it might have been some different banter over in WA...

• Haha 1

• Member For: 4y 8m 8d

im looking to go for something then a 64/66. would 2200cc injectors be enough? not looking at running secondary set.

what about if I ran 1050s at 5 bar? is this possible or would it cause the fuel to heat up too much? or is it a bit harder to tune? my understanding is that the 1050s will flow 1065cc at 3 bar? or would I have to got another injector like ID 2000? I see that thye are not compatible with (MTBE fuels) so does this make then un usable with e85? I will have a tune for 98 if I cannnto get e85 anywhere. 

what ele/ precautions do I need to know about when using ethanol? I understand cold starts may be a pain but im prepaired for that? this is my first faclon. I have only previously had commodores.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 1d

In all honesty I’d be going to your engine builder/mechanic and discussing this further as it appears you are in over your head. 

He he is going to ask similar questions but then the pair of you can work out what is best for your needs, order it, cut out any middle man and stop any confusion or incorrect parts and build it as you want.

• Like 1

going to get intouch wth him when I am bacl from work. a buddy has just picked me a fg motor, looks like its going to be proper build now 😂

money isnt a big issue here.id like to go big. but I dont want to convert to TH400 just yet. 

has anyone oulled the master cylinder/booster off? is it hard job? mine leaks between the booster and the fluid has taken off the paint near the fire wall

• Member For: 12y 2m 7d

I don't have the new G42-1450 but a GTX4202 in a manual FG, so can happily answer any questions you may have.

I agree with most of the above, you'll need bigger injectors than 1050's. I ended up changing my ID1000's to the 1700x's so that I had plenty of headroom.

In the end, the lines and dual pump KPM setup were the bottleneck, which is why it's easier to to start with a goal in mind and work towards that. Poor man pays twice

• Like 1

I can sell my injectors to mate hes looking for some for his bf ute so he will need adaptors as bf is full length.

cars mostly apart at the moment and im in no rush to get it done. just finished off the interior and fixed some of the wiring etc etc. 

what did you do for fuel supply? what base pressure are you getting, have you changed fuel line? and have you got any print outs?

I brought the 1000s on sale, with intention of gtx3582r, with 45mm gate on the housing & stay on 98. 😂 but after being in my mates fg with PTE pro mod 88 with dual gates has made me want to go big lol. his fg is TH400 and lazy down low.

what manifold & dump are you using? and did you need to use a oil restrictor on oil inlet? 

my target is to get 700-800+ rwhp. but want to build the motor to handle roughly. but would still want to retain the street ability to some standard

• Member For: 12y 2m 7d

Fuel supply for me is now:

Aftermarket Industries surge (FS800-FV) with 2 x Walbro 520's in it.  Am currently in the process of replacing the factory lines with -8 feed and -6 return.  Currently have an FPR1200 which I've had for a while now, may end up changing that to an FPR2000 if needed.  This setup is replacing the KPM 1000hp in tank setup, which consists of 2 x DW300's in the pot however it utilises factory lines and connectors etc.  It does come with upgraded wiring which is nice, however I'll move to some 6mm stuff on the new system.  I'd thought about going out of tank surge, however really don't like the idea of where they sit (boot or passenger chassis rail) and didn't really want all the legality/insurance headaches of it.  Prefer the in tank stuff as its nice and quiet and seems to do the job well for the power levels I'm chasing.

I got to 550rwkw on the KPM setup (stock bottom end), but it was really tapped out as the rail pressure was dropping considerably (logged via sensor in reg with Haltech plug&play).  The pumps just couldn't keep up.  I would have been well below that given that I'd not had the 1700x's as they were really compensating for the loss in pressure as we could just drive them harder.  We decided not to go any further and make some fuel system changes to do it properly.

At the time we've run a 4bar base pressure (58psi).  If you're running injectors on the smaller side (1300's or below) you really need to crank up the pressure to drive them harder, however you really need the pumps to make it all work.  Ideally, 3 or 4 bar base is where we want to be, although the ID's are brilliant in their capability to handle high pressures and not be too non linear. I wen't the x's due to their clean sheet design and the fact they basically flow more than the old ID2000's.  They are mighty expensive though...

We also had some boost control issues at that power, with a 50mm Turbosmart gate on a 6boost manifold.  I put it down to me having a 1.02 Tial rear to keep it peppy with the manual and the fact that merge collector in the mani is quite hight.  We'll cut it out flat as part of these changes, so that the gas has a better path and doesn't point directly at the turbine wheel, bypassing the gate.  I've already got the 60mm GenV gate to go on, which should solve our issues.  Even Kyle @ 6boost said that he never uses a 50mm gate on a 42 on a barra, his manifolds are more about packaging that outright pure design.  Either way, I'm still impressed with it for the price.

Dump is custom made 4" stainless, that meets to my older twin cat system from Nizpro.

Oil restrictor is buit into the turbo's core, but I have added a turbosmart oil pressure reg on the turbo feed to make sure it's not over-pressurised.  I have upgraded to the Atomic race oil pump so just didn't want to run the risk.

As it stands, it's certainly more laggy than stock but no where near what people think it is.  I'd have 15+ pounds of boost on board at 3200-3400 and that's not really in a propper state of tune (haven't tried any cam retard yet to bring it on sooner).  We couldn't really experiment with boost control all that well as the gate was really giving us grief.  Once the boost starts though, it's on pretty darn quick.  Waaaaay more than you probably need on the street, although my tyres are really shot and need replacing.

Roll on's @ 100+km/h just smoke the tyres, it can get a little hairy at times!! 😮

Let me know if you'd like to know any more 😎

• Like 2

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

You can read my thread - https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89792-my-build/

Running a 4202 also.  Only running 670 rwhp on 19 psi (98 ron), with more boost, timing and E85 to come...  The thread will give you some ideas on problem areas and component specifications required for the mid frame turbo's.

Brad

• Like 3