turbo setup BF F6

exploitedf6

• Member For: 4y 8m 11d

Hey Everyone, 

new to this forum, 1st post but long time reader. 

I have recently brought 2006 vixen red BF F6 build #600. Previously know at TUFFOON,

I currently has FG F6 motor with

- Valve springs and titanium retainers

- Billet oil pump gears + housing

- ARP stud kit through out

- Nizpro inlet manifold

- GT3582R With factory actuator 

-  Nizpro 4" dump pipe, Nizpro twin cat (hollowed out) to factory tail section)

- FPR 1200 reg

- Proccess west engine surge tank with Walbro 460 & 460 intank 

- Nizpro intercooler with pipe work
-Battery relocated to the boot

- Catch can from XR6T dev

- ZF with billet input shaft and intermediate shaft with extra clutch plates added (unsure of whats been done to the box yet) 

I brought the car off Phill Watson who used to own and race OCTANE F6 which hit the wall at Barbagallos a while back. 

after hassling for the car for a while and looking at a few other F6s in perth that were over priced or had been stripped and put back tog ether (tonys old octane f6 I brought this. 

I have owned for a few months now. And im chasing some more power, I understand the car has a nice history especially for break boxes lol

What would you guys recommend? I will be keeping the tuning done by XFT as he does both my dads and brothers falcons,  

at the moment its tuned 12psi. on 98 but I am wanting to swap over to e85 in the next couple of months.

wanting to go with a bigger turbo setup. preferably crg high mount. was looking at getting g42 or something along them lines. 

I have ordered a stage 3 process west cooler kit, external engine oil cooler setup with fan & same setup for the trans. still unsure if im going to run trans cooler in series with the heat exchanger.

dont currently have any dyno papers yet as I need to get in touch with simon at xft. 

the previous owner did have it making 700/800 hp but kept his motor/turbo setup

I do budget to throw in a set of rods and pistons in the near future I want to stock pile all the parts before I pull it off the road. 

ideally I want the car setup for strip/roll racing.

im wondering what size dump & exhaust people are using on a g42-1450? 

what injectors? I worry that my new 1050s wont be enough when pushing above 600hp ? 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 4d
33 minutes ago, exploitedf6 said:

wanting to go with a bigger turbo setup. preferably crg high mount. was looking at getting g42 or something along them lines. 

I have ordered a stage 3 process west cooler kit, external engine oil cooler setup with fan & same setup for the trans. still unsure if im going to run trans cooler in series with the heat exchanger.

what are your power goals? this will determine what I would personally be looking at as far as turbo, injectors, pump etc upgrades. As for the cooler, pull the exchanger out and run the new cooler setup standalone on the box

dont currently have any dyno papers yet as I need to get in touch with simon at xft. 

my guess is the low 300wkw side with said mods @ 12psi

the previous owner did have it making 700/800 hp but kept his motor/turbo setup

irrelevant

I do budget to throw in a set of rods and pistons in the near future I want to stock pile all the parts before I pull it off the road. 

do it all at once, not when things go wrong. If you can budget it, do it before it puts a hole in the block and certainly not after

im wondering what size dump & exhaust people are using on a g42-1450? 

what injectors? I worry that my new 1050s wont be enough when pushing above 600hp ? 

as above, if you have a power goal in mind, that makes these questions much easier to answer :)

yeah I was going to do turbo size and bottom end at the same time, still indecisive of wha turbo to go, I so far have in the shed

- PW stage 3 cooler kit

- ID 1050cc

- Modded power steering pump to use remote res

- Engine oil cooler with sandwich plate
- PW fuel rail with fittings and ethanol suitble hose (enough to do return aswell)

- Circle d 3000 stall (mate gave to me )

- FG plenum that I will chop up to direct bolt OEM TB

- Ross performance balancer
-Atomic girdle

I can get a new CRG high mount brandnew and Creamic coated for cheap, with a ultra gate on it but no dump, or pipe for gate. 
ideally id be happy 800+

Is there anything else I would need? 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

1050s won't be big enough. 

Get Simon to hook you up with a precision 64/66 and flexfuel kit and tune.  450 on 98.  600 on E85

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

How does the flex fuel kit work? Is is like the one IMS use? I don’t have intentions on using petrol as I live pretty close to United and work around the corner from one aswell but I also want to know if anyone has issues with it from the bowser?

Any reason pros/ cons on why you recommend 6466? My mate who gave me my stall has a new one that was never fitted he had a g6e that was turned into a banana I wonder if he would sell for cheap 

what injectors do do you think would suffice? My 1050S are brand new in the box.

Edited by exploitedf6

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 4d
16 minutes ago, exploitedf6 said:

I don’t have intentions on using petrol as I live pretty close to United

you say this but a flex tune will come in handy one day when you need it most.

Any reason pros/ cons on why you recommend 6466?

great turbo, bolt on, hidden and looks factory but will make the power to match. Less hassle from straying eyes etc etc, This will also make an excellent streetable setup as well but again this all comes down to what you want from the car. 

what injectors do do you think would suffice? My 1050S are brand new in the box. 

you always want wiggle room. If you want a 1000whp buy parts that support 1500whp or more, this applies to everything. 1. because you may want more power and its easily achievable. 2. less likely to have issues with stuff breaking when they are on the edge of the said limit. I can keep going here but I think you will get the jist

5 minutes ago, k31th said:

que?

lol im surprised you questioned that.