Fg turbo ute rear knocking

Lithfkn

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 14d

^ this

Sure it’s not diff related? Have you checked from the box back as far as driveline bushes, centre bearing and what not? 

I had had a similar knock in my sedan and it turned out to be movement in the driveline due to engine/gear box mounts etc. 

Just a thought

• Member For: 4y 8m 9d

It was at a driveline joint getting looked at. They couldnt recreate the sound without driving it. They did mention the cvs were fine and the centre bearing was slightly sagging and had a tiny tear at the top but wouldn't bother replacing until you could feel it going. There's no vibration at speed.

What kind of bushing do the 6 spd manual boxes run? Where do you even get them from? 

Cheers

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 14d

By all means if you’re in there doing it, why not go a little further. It can’t hurt that is for sure. 

My car was 1000 times better when I did all mine. Fixed all my apparent suspension issues that were similar to yours. I did do engine mounts to at the same time however just because (1 was on the way out) 

I'll definitely check it out. Easy enough to do at home on the garage floor? Mark the tailshaft, bolts in / bolts out sort of arrangement? Hard to get a part number for a centre bearing as I've been reading theres some variety with these things!