Buying highly modified 08 fg

nickzahra693

• Member For: 5y 1m 23d

Hey guys In the final process of buying an 08 fg turbo with the following mods

Full built motor bigger displacement 4.1 litre lanish crank shaft forge pistons upgraded pins rotating asemply tensioner valse springs bore and hoon block atomic pump gtx 35/82 turbo plazman front mount 1000cc injectors atomic oil Pump gears 3 inch exhaust waste gate relcoation with dose pipe, brembos, billet, Tailshaft Xr8 bonnet 5 dark argent wheels lip wing rear defusser fpv dash fpv sterling wheel

heat exchanger (installed a few weeks ago)

Motor was rebuilt 4k kms ago by team karma racing and body has 160tho on it, making 415rwkw on low boost (25psi)

Just wanting to know the potential dangers of buying heavily modified fgs my main concern is the zf which I assume would have been pushed to its limitations would it be costly to convert to manual as I heard y can’t replace these as they are car specific

Any info and past experiences will be great, car is going for 18k which seems suspiciously low aswel

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

I doubt it would be a stroker crank... that's just stupid on a car with a long stroke already in stock for (e.g. it would make it worse)... if anything it would be a de-stroke crank (super expensive upgrade) to 3.8 or 3.9L as you can then rev the engine higher safer.

25psi is NOT low boost for a GTX3582R on a Barra as that's about the top of it's efficiency range.

415rwkw on 25psi is suspect all on it's own as that much boost should be comfortably closer to 500rwkw (or over it)

Buying a modified car means you may not be able to register it, depending on the state you're in?

A manual conversion for 400-500rwkw is fine, but costs around 6K to do it properly. It costs about 6-10k to build the ZF to handle that sort of power (and more, depending on the package available).

• Like 3

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 7d

Paperwork

Make sure every single thing that's claimed is covered by paperwork that matches up.

Ask me why....

Edit

And as k31th said, numbers it's making look a bit wonky in any case...

Edited by camo86T
  • Like 1

• Member For: 5y 1m 23d

He claims to have all receipts and I’ve gotta ask whys that ? Haha

6 minutes ago, k31th said:
I doubt it would be a stroker crank... that's just stupid on a car with a long stroke already in stock for (e.g. it would make it worse)... if anything it would be a de-stroke crank (super expensive upgrade) to 3.8 or 3.9L as you can then rev the engine higher safer.

25psi is NOT low boost for a GTX3582R on a Barra as that's about the top of it's efficiency range.

415rwkw on 25psi is suspect all on it's own as that much boost should be comfortably closer to 500rwkw (or over it)

Buying a modified car means you may not be able to register it, depending on the state you're in?

A manual conversion for 400-500rwkw is fine, but costs around 6K to do it properly. It costs about 6-10k to build the ZF to handle that sort of power (and more, depending on the package available).

Thanks for the info mate makes sense, I think I might reconsider the purchase