Running Gear swap

Dudley88

• Member For: 4y 7m 17d

Hey guys this has probably be asked a million times before and I just havnt been looking in the right places to find the answers lol , anyways I have been offered a written of BA xr6t (got T- boned) for dirt cheap that I’m looking at getting to transplant all the turbo running gear into my BA xr6 n/a , so question is apart from all the obvious parts ( engine/trans/d-shaft/rear subframe ect ) what other components would I have to swap over ? 

I have use of a workshop with hoist ect and more then capable of doing the work myself , just unsure of the all the finer details involved 

p.s please don’t reply and try tell me to just sell and buy a factory turbo model cause that’s not the answer I’m after 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Dudley88

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

you both SHOULD sell up and buy an XR6T. It's just easier (I've been there and done that)...

if you're so adamant you absolutely want to get it done, read the pinned threads in this section from start to finish and be prepared for a lot of headaches.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2d

engine bay wiring loom + ecu, dash + icc + keys & locks, fuel pump is different on turbo (even though it's not much chop) exhaust, turbo brakes are slightly bigger. What k31th is trying to point out it's a hell of a lot of work, not impossible but heaps of work. My mate did the same on a fg ute, with a hoist (and a forklift) in a day and a half on his own, crossmember unbolted with suspension, motor & box in 1 hit, full dash with looms etc... Just remember these were designed to build in a hurry so if you know the sequence it's not as hard (providing you have equipment) as it may seem. Just don't try mixing up the electronics if you don't have access to a scan tool