Combined States Snowy Cruise 2019 - November 22-24

EvilDaifu

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 11d

For anyone interested, my E85 stats were average 21.6L / 100km for the whole trip, I used 147L total.

Khancoban to Jindy leg was 28.5L / 100km.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 7d

Interesting! I think I was 15.6 on Saturday on 98 as a comparison (Tumut to Jindabyne)

Barely noticed you refuelling so wasn't too bad doing the trip on E85.

You should do the drive a couple of weeks before with a trailer and hide some caches if E85 Jerry cans at all the stop points!

• Donating Members
2 hours ago, El Andrew said:

You should do the drive a couple of weeks before with a trailer and hide some caches if E85 Jerry cans at all the stop points!

Sort of like GeoCaching but with E85

😄

2 hours ago, k31th said:

not as bad as I thought :) how many jerry cans did you fill up and bring?

6 with one left over at the end

20191028_200018.jpg

• Like 3

• Gold Donating Members

So I was feeling like the rear wasn't quite right and gradually was hearing a knocking that ended really loud. Was right under me, so was suspicious of the control blade bushes.

Just crawled under it - me thinks they are well and truly dead...a5ca14b0cdfed1c222a911d8d619b9b1.jpg

• Sad 3

• Donating Members

I had these left over from my recent works done, apparently mine were done ages ago but I didn't know this when I ordered so they're just sitting on my bench, only 1 month old.  Bag is unopened, let me know if you want them, mates rates of course.  I've got some genuine grease in addition to whats in the bag.

20191125_202219.jpg

@EvilDaifu

I just want to thank Gaz for organising this cruise.  Lots of time, effort and money goes into organising these so thanks Gaz for making it an awesome trip and it was nice to meet everyone.

• Like 2

• Gold Donating Members

Great to meet you and Ev mate! And I agree - top work as always Gaz.

By my calculations, given their respective populations, ACT having four people on the cruise is the equivalent of NSW and Vic providing a total of 70 people. Maybe next year...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 24d

The stats for me on this cruise according to my Ford trip computer!

Total distance travelled 1666km (includes rolling stops into Omeo with 46km range left and Bright with 35km range left - mental note - if it's going to be hot bring 10 litre and 5 litre jerry cans of 98RON :roflmbo: )

Average fuel economy for me at the end of the cruise (after zero'ing leaving home) 12.1 l/100km

Arriving into Tumut though on Friday afternoon my average was only 8.7 l/100km which I thought pretty good (not good enough according to YLD who was running of the smell of 7.something l/100 km :wow2:)

Time in the saddle 20 hrs

Fuel used 203 litre :omg:

So most of us arrived into Tumut on Friday cept Pookey who rocked up at about 10:30pm cos had exam and Sydney Friday arvo traffic :nono: and here are some pics from Friday.

Was sooooo hot the road was melting outside our hotel ...

fmPvd2x.jpg

Found this nice spot by the Tumut River courtesy of a Holden GTS guy at the Tumut car wash (well I figured being a local he'd know where to take pics of his car ...)

1nMS5lY.jpg

QYfGtrI.jpg

WyjKF4c.jpg

GchrUgz.jpg

aogAsVE.jpg

And civillian was showing us his neat wielding skills for all his jerry cans of E85 he meticuluously calculated he'd need for this cruise :thumbsup:

2LKKmOf.jpg

Then it was off to the Tumut Brewery for their famous Ginger Ninja beer and other boutiques plus their farrrkn fantastic MOFO Cheese Burgers 😋

X2dSUdG.jpg

• Like 4