Combined States Snowy Cruise 2019 - November 22-24

EvilDaifu

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 28d

They were ok - spoke to one of the guys yesterday.

My dad has a 1976 Alfetta that I learnt to drive on and has since been restored, and is in the SA Alfa Club, so had a good chat.

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 13d

A beautiful morning here in Jindy - here the birds and lake is smooth - it's actually a bit chilly outside this morning! 

Going to show civillian's friend my DJI Mavic Air (let's just say we were literally looking in a haystack yesterday for it :roflmbo:  huge thanks to @El Andrew who found it after a thousand cuts ... )

O6zDpO6.jpg

Also for those travelling back to Canberra via Cooma - Hartly bicycle challenge is on this weekend - so sharing road with cyclists.  Details on https://www.livetraffic.com/desktop.html

Hartley Bicycle Challenge Fri 22 - Mon 25 Jindy to Cooma.PNG

• Like 2

• Gold Donating Members

Hope you guys all had a good cruise and/or trip home today. Sorry Pookey and YLD that I didn't catch you when I left.

Great trip once again.

Yep, bulk cyclist groups with support cars on the way home. Actually enjoyed it because rather than being on cruise the whole way, I had about 20 opportunities to accelerate from 10 to 100

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

We were saying to the guy at the Banjo Patterson Motel that the car park ramp was a bit touch and go for our cars. He suggested, seriously, that they have an overflow carpark over the road that we could use.

Took a pic of it this morning. Ain't no one gonna take their car in there...4d086af1f0260f447682d8320f1f4196.jpg

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 13d

Luv the smell of gums trees in the morning - beautiful chilly day this morning ... in the shade :roflmbo:

orF1jTB.jpg

Last night @YLD127 and I debating how we gonna get to the next 98RON servo as there is none here at Omeo ... I just made it in last night with 46km range to spare :beerchug:

Q3v6KVX.jpg

Good thing brought along the spare jerry can of 98RON  - reckon it was the heat and air-con yesterday plus sitting behind 2 cars some of the way - and the distance between Jindy and Omeo ... :drivingalong: 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m

Interesting on the fuel situation. I can’t recall but has Omeo never had 98 available? Where do we normally fill up?

Of the five times I did the Omeo leg, I don’t think I ever worried about running out and one of those years Keith and I really pushed it. The tanks got low but not that low!