240rwkw out of an N/A?!

Bhazza

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

of course there's ways to make "some" power, but what's the point of talking about stupid high-octane fuels anyway when E85 is pretty damn good for a pump fuel.

13 minutes ago, FiftyOne said:

I'm guessing with fair more comp in the head to make use of the e85.   Probably turned a lot of ethonol in to noise & heat by the sounds

basically, yeah...

it's just not an efficient N/A motor being so long in the stroke in the stock form. Can't rev it hard enough to make good N/A numbers. Jim Mock had one that supposedly made 240rwkw at 7,400rpm, but nobody ever saw a dyno sheet as far as I remember (and it was probably on NOS to get it to 240 haha and that counts as chemical supercharging, imho, and is no longer N/A if so).

• Member For: 10y 6m 25d

Mate you need to look in the real world where you make 2hp per cubic inch for a stout n/a motor. The stroke isn't too big to rev it hard there is plenty of v8's with a 4 inch crank turning 7500+rpm. Too many people think Barra's are something special they really aren't there still 60's tech with a reasonable head from the factory, with the same principles of any other motor of course it's achievable.

What people in the Barra world consider a big cam with 240*@050 everyone else considers a basic street spec cam.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

we're talking Barra here, nothing more. Don't doubt a more square and balanced motor can rev harder safer. I'd like to see somebody actually show more than 200rwkw completely N/A on a Barra, let alone 300rwkw (as much engine work as you want except changing stroke/bore).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 23d

Well I think this one just about puts it to bed. 220wkw is possible with some cams and headwork in prep for gas.  Can KPM make 240fkw without the cam or head work? I’m a little doubtful

• Haha 1