240rwkw out of an N/A?!

Bhazza

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

They start with 195 so it would be a gain of about 35rwkw.   Be a real push.  I reckon they go from about 155 to 175- 180rwkw tops unless cams and head work etc.  

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

nah, 190 or 195 (depending on model) but they're the same basically... at the flywheel, so around 160 or lower rwkw. No way you're going to even get it 200rwkw without significant engine work.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 28d

Way back in the day there were a few around on fordmods reportedly making just shy of 200wkw.  

I believe they were tuned to run on 98 fairly aggressively and the limiter was raised so they could rev the freckle off it. 
I've got a mate with a VE SS with a KPM kit on it, centrifical blower, fuel & exhaust and they're claiming 430wkw out of that.   Now that's a really strong car, the off idle torque is pretty good and it stays strong throughout the range. But my bum dyno tells me that its not 430 wheel.  I think it's 430 fly.  
Could an NA barra make 240 wheel?  Would need to ask the experts but I'm going to stay yes with cams and maybe some headwork?  
Next thing you'd want to ask is why; you have to rev the tits off it to get it making that power and for all that effort you'd be better off with a stock BA turbo.
However, if you could make close to 200 wheel in a stock barra, for the minimal mods and a tune, maybe not too bad value

• Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

@Henz bro had a around 190rwkw N/A way back with a barra that was tuned on E85 with all of the bolt ons and if I remember correctly, it also had cams and headwork...so... nope.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

not a chance of 300kw out of an N/A barra no matter what you do to it to remain N/A (no nitrous, either).

• Thanks 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 28d
6 hours ago, k31th said:

it also had cams and headwork...so... nope

I'm guessing with fair more comp in the head to make use of the e85.   Probably turned a lot of ethonol in to noise & heat by the sounds

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d
30 minutes ago, eff xr6t said:

Well and truly achievable when speedway guys have been make 230 odd rwkw with an old 250 crossflow for years now. Should be no reason why you couldn't make 300+rwkw n/a with the right head, cam, comp and intake exhaust

hey Keith,   before forced induction , this was how we made power.  You would be surprised  what you do with large comp, massive cams and race fuel...