Transmission fault

Soxtyfoonf6

• Member For: 12y 2m 4d

Running two custom tunes 98 & E70 , had my 98 tune sorted regarding idling issue , which was all sorted, ... Finally wanted to switch to E70 tune using XCAL3 tune file , E70 file tune finishes & Transmission Fault came up in dash , Car now doesn’t allow transmission to change gears ? Stuck in 1st gear ?? What’s going on here?? 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

that can happen if the transmission tune is included and the tune itself tries to write to the TCM (Transmission Control Module) as well as the PCM (Powertrain Control Module - Ford's name for the ECU) while the TCM is actually quite warm. Letting it cool down completely and then flashing the factory tune to it, then letting it cool down again and then flashing the E70 tune should fix it... otherwise you've got an electrical or tune issue.

• 10 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 2m 4d
Not the case , car could be sitting in the garage for a week & it would be the same thing!! .. “TRANSMISSION FAULT”
Saying that I’m not to much worried about it now cause E70 is no longer available,
I’m waiting to see my tuner now so he can tune & install E85 file

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3d

Keith means that this fault can occur if the car is flashed when it's not cold, not that the fault will go away when the car is cold.

Have you tried flashing back to stock and then to the E70 tune when the car is cold?

Not quite sure what you mean - but are you saying if you flash your 98 tune in the fault goes away?

• Like 1