Bf typhoon problem

Bfphoon

• Member For: 4y 8m 21d

Hey guys I have a bf f6 and it just had a engine change it had a mk2 gas engine put in instead of the f6 engine. Now it is using oil fast and the is heaps of smoke like all the time my first thought was turbo but it's still spooling properly and isn't showing and bad signs. I have only had the car back for less then a month and yes I am aware of the major power loss from having the wrong engine. Any help would be appreciated thank you 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

using heaps of oil means it is either dropping out fresh (a leak) or it'll be being consumed via engine operations (e.g. you'll get oil smoke out the exhaust).

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

It's consuming massive amounts of oil because the pistons now have cracked ring land because you installed an engine with 10:1 compression in a car tuned for an 8.7:1 engine.

In short the Facebook mechanics lied to you when they said it's the same motor just bolt it in.

Well that's my prediction anyway...

• Member For: 4y 8m 21d

Cheers that makes sense  but the worst part is there where no Facebook mechanics it was all done by actuall mechanics it was meant to have a new f6 engine but the put the mk2 gas engine instead

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d
23 hours ago, Bfphoon said:

Cheers that makes sense  but the worst part is there where no Facebook mechanics it was all done by actuall mechanics it was meant to have a new f6 engine but the put the mk2 gas engine instead

if you have a receipt showing it should be an f6 engine and you can prove its not and it was done by a workshop, I wouldn't even be posting on a forum id be taking action with the workshop