Car only locks sometimes with the remote

espoig

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 6m 24d

Been having a weird issue with the car for a while now, I'll go to lock it with the remote and nothing will happen, the interior lights stay on and I have to manually turn off the light and lock it with the key.  However I'll come back 5-6 hours later and it will work fine and unlock with no dramas.  Tried multiple keys and it still happens, thinking possibly the door actuator, but I don't understand how come it happens so randomly.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated 

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 24d

My old BA T did that a few times. 

Used to happen after prolonged heavy rain.  I suspect water got in through a gap somewhere and was shorting one of the door actuator controllers in one of the doors.  Took it to a tuner and asked them to investigate as part of the regular service and came up with nothing.  This was after it had corrected itself though.

I found one day driving over a speed bump it came good which also suggests to me maybe a loose wire somewhere?  As this was a few days after it started - maybe it shook things up enough to stop the water short circuit.  I suspect the short made the door lock actuator controller think one of the doors was still open.  In my case - I couldn't manually lock my doors so maybe its different to your problem. Every time I'd try to manually lock it would unlock.  LOL pretty scary for a while as I'd pretend to lock the car with my keys when parking on the street :roflmbo:

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

yer mine does it randomly to

fg ute

once every 6 months ish it wont lock, lights flash but refuses to lock. I usually jump in press the lock n unlock a few times on the icc, jump out and re lock and shes good.

locking with the key only locks drivers door not passenger. 

I havent looked into it much cbf really but try my trick works for me. 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 6m 24d

Mine has a relatively new optima yellow top mounted in the boot, I haven't charged it yet but will update on how it goes once I do

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

Since I've left my battery isolated and had it left on charge even odd weekend I've never had this issue.

Had it once every month or so before and that was when it just left sitting for weeks on end.

• Like 1