Car will not boost properly after tune, We are stumped

MK2FG

• Member For: 4y 9m 1d

Didn't think there would be as may arrogant c*nts on here as there is... Shame really, on a forum meant to help people with issues.

Cars going back in for some diagnostics and a re-tune as I just got a GTX3582r Gen 2 that im throwing on, Will play around some more and post the results for anyone that may have similar issues. As I said I know this build is a bitsa and expect bugs to show up here and there, But we play, modify and have fun.. that's what we all do.

This is just fun car I mess around with, its just a falcon... Not exactly a Mercedes, they are basically worthless, so pop a motor or trans who really cares.. Dime a dozen.

If you have some advice I'm all ears, got some other projects I'm working on at the moment too, so can just put the FG in the back of the shed for a year or two.

• Haha 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d
On 28/06/2019 at 1:25 AM, MK2FG said:

any advice would be appreciated!

Ask your tuner to tune it in open loop boost control and see what it does.

I've had similar with a car, but it was due to a lack of boost pressure sensor.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2019 at 8:21 PM, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ask your tuner to tune it in open loop boost control and see what it does.

I've had similar with a car, but it was due to a lack of boost pressure sensor.

Cheers mate.

Update: All fixed, chaned HP tuner boost sensor volts range from 0-5v and now it holds boost perfect at 15psi without issues and no codes. Just got a GTX 3582 gen2 thrown on aswell, built motor is not far off now either. All coming together, 10s Here we come 😊😊.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

that is a weird fix... wonder how it moved away from valid volts ranges in the first place... but good job, either way :)

10's is probably too low of an aim with a gen2 GTX3582R; go for 9's haha

Haha yeah

I went 13.5 NA (172rwkw), then 12.5 NA+Turbo on the FG NA motor (260rwkw) until I made mistakes in tune (My bad) and broke piston rings, dropped a FG EGAS motor in and now makes just shy of 400rwkw.
Same trans the whole time, the NA ZF 6speed auto, No slip or issues, we did pull it apart on motor change to check things and possibly rebuild it but the clutches had no ware, the trans was like new, oil clean, no metal, no ware, no warps so just kept using it. still have not had an issue, which is funny because mates with 300rwkw have shredded there turbo ZFs, just lucky I guess, I'm not exactly nice to it (Drags and burnout days/power cruises).

I'll just send it and see what happens, this motors only temporary, Mechanic said built motor shouldn't be more than 8 weeks away from ready to go in.

Yeah he issue was weird, but its fixed. Done a bunch of diagnostics and all sensors are reading correctly, spot on with what the gauges say and forscan shows so who knows, weird bugs some times but never the less shes all good now. Got some 255 Semislicks fitted on the rear so its much more sticky, Got to retune for the GTX so hoping to crack the 400s

Sorry, 14.5 NA and 13.5 NA+T first tune.