Car will not boost properly after tune, We are stumped

MK2FG

• Member For: 4y 9m

Hi Gang,

Long time viewer/reader, First time poster.
So I have a FG MK2 Xr6 that has been stripped down and made into a FGX everything except the body, I like the MK2 front and back over the FGX but everything else (Dash, ECU, Looms, ext) are all FGX [From a FGX G6E Turbo].

The car used to be NA and currently rocks a BF EGAS Motor with a turbo bolted on and crow valve springs.

After I got my new tune with a bigger 3582 Turbo it made 380rwkw, But here comes the issue. It will only boost once and goes into a limp mode kind of thing where it will only go to 5PSI after the first boost (Guessing spring pressure as its setting [The ECU] waste gate duty to 100%)
It throws NO Codes and will not show any idication as to why its doing this limp mode thing, Turn the car off and back on again and it will go back to normal, makes boost fine for a single pull then as soon as I throttle off it goes into limp mode, Again, no codes and no dash lights but it just stops boosting, Running monitoring software is showing wastegate duty at 100% after one pull... I and my tuner are stumped

Heres the even weirder thing, If I disconnect the Boost charge sensor located on the pre throttle body elbow the car runs fine, Yeah it trows a code for the sensor not being there but it boost without issue, just have a code and Eng light on if I do this.

We have replaced the engine loom, The Sensor and the boost solenoid and its still doing it.

any ideas? We can not figure this out at all, none of it makes sense, No one on Club FG or Barra pages on Facebook have any ideas either, It seems like some sort of gremlins in there messing with me. Stumped guys, For now I just deal with Christmas tree dash and codes being throw so I can have fun... But I really need to get this fixed as its playing with the tune with that sensor out.

any advice would be appreciated!

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

What ecu are you using ?

what tuning software ?

what boost control, seems like factory control is trying to be used ? 

Who’s your tuner ?

Edited by JETURBO

Using the FG-X G6E Turbo EXU, Everything in the cars been swapped to G6E Turbo FGX gear, Dash, sensors, wires. every electronic component is FGX.

HP Tuners, Using Desired boost through factory Boost solenoid

Prefer not to say but its not just one tuner, its been three.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d
14 hours ago, MK2FG said:

Using the FG-X G6E Turbo EXU, Everything in the cars been swapped to G6E Turbo FGX gear, Dash, sensors, wires. every electronic component is FGX.

HP Tuners, Using Desired boost through factory Boost solenoid

Prefer not to say but its not just one tuner, its been three.

There will be more or a missing piece to the puzzle 

Spoolinboost didn’t deliver Zac ? 

Who were the other two ? 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1d

I assume it's got a boost guage on it, while I'd check with jet first, what about hooking the actuator hose straight from the port to the actuator to by pas the electronic boost control to work out if it's a electronic or mechanical issue. just keep a eye on the boost guage to see what's happening & get off the throttle if boost is to high

9 hours ago, JETURBO said:

There will be more or a missing piece to the puzzle 

Spoolinboost didn’t deliver Zac ? 

Who were the other two ? 

As I said I'm not wanting to name names, Its a freak build and I'm not going to blame it on a tuner when it most likely due to my Frankenstein built and not them

That said, Its making 380rwkw on a gas motor with that sensor unplugged and spools up quick as, Went out on a CLUBFG cruise and raced a few people with 400+rwkw from a southern tuner and I walked them... The car makes power, its reliable but there's a bug in there somewhere I want to get fixed, aside from the boost/sensor bug the car hammers and I'm more than happy with it.

I'M going to try a Boost T set to 14PSI (Current tune set to that) and see if I have issues, New built motor is going in around September and that may fix some issue, IDK, Its a game of trial and error, Just figured if someone had this issue before they may know whats causing it.