Fg oil pan and front panel Gasket

Aus123

• Member For: 4y 10m 27d

HI

I have been looking the internet for sump (pan gasket) for my fg turbo 2010 but couldn't find any for fg models. I 've seen for ba-t and etc but not for fg. like this one that has no fg mentioned =====> https://www.autolinkparts.com.au/oil-pan-sump-gasket-suit-ford-falcon-ba-bf-fpv-6cy~53636

I am planning to put a my old oil pump into my engine from my old engine.

the process don't look hard to me for now but I take any advice.

about the gasket. I looked the internet couldn't find any for the for fg models so I decided to use silicon Gasket like this https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/permatex-permatex-high-temp-rtv-silicone-gasket-maker---red-311g/114971.html?cgid=SCA01081001.

I assume it does same thing as a gasket rubber.

would it be already to use that Silicone Gasket .

about the front panel gasket. where the drive belts is. https://www.golebysparts.com.au/products/ba-bf-fg-ford-falcon-barra-timing-gasket-and-seal-set-tcs48  . is this the right one to use.

thanks

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

None of the gaskets work well enough imho and a properly prepared timing chain cover and sump with correct silicone liquid sealant works best ;) 

• Like 2

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

No gasket.
Just sealant.

Give it a decent bit of time to cure before driving it. The last thing you want is for it to leak after all that labour.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 6m 25d

So this is exactly like the Coyote's I work on daily, compared to my Barra I've worked on once in the last month. Clean and removed all old silicon from the factory seals (oil pan and timing cover gaskets) reuse and add new silicon to the area's where 1.The oil pan, block, and bottom of timing cover meet. 2.The head meets the block, and timing cover. 3.The valve cover meets the head, and front timing cover.

• Gold Donating Members

Yup, exactly 

Preparation of the surfaces is the key here though and I file finish by hand to get the desired touch finish 

• Like 1

• Member For: 19y 6m 5d

3bond 1211 or loctite 5910 works very well for this job. Don’t forget to put it on the oil pan front section too before you install the timing cover otherwise it will leak oil and gather around the half moon gasket near the balancer.

surfaces must be super clean, both those sealants will work well.

• Gold Donating Members
8 minutes ago, SelectivePC said:

Yes, buy yourself a plastic razor blade, it'll be your new best friend while prepping those surfaces.

Have a unique easy way of getting the old silicone off that’s never the issue it’s all about getting the right amount of sealant on,where you put it on and the surface finish before it goes on ;)