Joel0201

Brake issue (thinking booster)

Hey guys I’ve doing some work in my project car, it’s a bf turbo. Now here’s what happen, I was driving went to hit the brakes and hardly anything happen the pedal went to the floor it locked the rear up al little..... but his the wired part the pedal was locked to the floor keeping the brakes stuck on..... even if we moved a 1m forward would release so I used my hand to lift the pedal up and they started to work again.

that left me thinking I had a booster issue, I check the lines and pressure coming out of it both good. How ever when feeling the pressure coming into the booster I noticed it built up with the revs but when the bov went off it had some blow back I’m not sure if that affecting it. So I’m wondering if anyone has insite into this am I right  thinking I need a new booster like one of the diaphragms inside could be stuffed. Thank you 

update ( doing service and gonna replace all the rotors all round and pads) 

going to buy a booster/master too

does anyone know if na and turbo ones are the same? (Mines a xr6 bf turbo 2006) 

hmmm booster in my experience goes hard or holds the brakes on slightly.

Before throwing money at it, a brake shop can test a booster for you: I took one down to get rebuilt, they tested it on the spot and handed it back- the issue was a vacuum leak in that vehicle.

Edited by skidxr6t