Brake issue (thinking booster)

Joel0201

• Member For: 5y 12d

Hey guys I’ve doing some work in my project car, it’s a bf turbo. Now here’s what happen, I was driving went to hit the brakes and hardly anything happen the pedal went to the floor it locked the rear up al little..... but his the wired part the pedal was locked to the floor keeping the brakes stuck on..... even if we moved a 1m forward would release so I used my hand to lift the pedal up and they started to work again.

that left me thinking I had a booster issue, I check the lines and pressure coming out of it both good. How ever when feeling the pressure coming into the booster I noticed it built up with the revs but when the bov went off it had some blow back I’m not sure if that affecting it. So I’m wondering if anyone has insite into this am I right  thinking I need a new booster like one of the diaphragms inside could be stuffed. Thank you 

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 28d

hmmm booster in my experience goes hard or holds the brakes on slightly.

Before throwing money at it, a brake shop can test a booster for you: I took one down to get rebuilt, they tested it on the spot and handed it back- the issue was a vacuum leak in that vehicle.

Edited by skidxr6t