Oil sensor stop spark pulse??????

Ba boosting

• Member For: 4y 10m 13d

Can the Oil sensor stop spark pulse????car is a o3 xr6t ,brought it recently and know nothing specific about the tune or setup just that it's bloody quick and has a new 5inch garret.well it was running fine for 3 days,Yep days,then it got sh*tty idle,rough as and high so in with a intake gasket it was and now it cranks but only sometimes backfires once during key release(I assume this is relevant to position of cycle)I've checked every thing 6 plus times ,coil feed constant 9.5v,fuel mist out plug hole when plugs out,spark at key release bright and fat,,,,,No spark during crank over,,,,no pulse on the smaller wire to coils detected,,,,had a sparky out on Sunday four hours and only semi constant fault code referred to oil sensor not been perfect .has crank pulse has water and air temp.battery was off for 3days.fully charged and 2 other batterys tried,no codes referring to bcm ,,ecu,,or pcm.......can a dicky oil sensor (the one in block with two wires from it on intake side) stop a pulse to my coils

Oh and plugs have been slow dried and gapped to .9 .look real good not even blued threads yet .been three weeks and as I live in bum f*$# nowhere getting car to ford is highly difficult.is doing my head in 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Early BA turbos have a oil temp sensor by the oil filter location.... it’s common for the wiring to short out around that area if the sensor has received a knock by some stretch. If this sensor is damaged or wiring you’ll definitely get spark cut and Throttle Body shutdown

Thanks I'll check that out ,is it on intake side?only bits touched and car drove to where intake was removed,tb seems to operate correctly and sparky didn't say any issue with it ,this ba has 3 sensors in block on this side 

Just as a incentive if anyone can steer me to a fix without having to truck it to a ford dealer I'll donate 50 bucks to our forum

K update .

I've pulled the sensor almost need a super long tube socket .ordered new one thru local ripco cos couldn't find part number online to buy will be here in 4 to 7 work days .of note old sensor plug end could rotate in the sensor dunno if is normal but as has 2 wires looks like could be a issue

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Are you getting resistance between the connectors or open/closed cct ? 

This involves getting a multimeter, selecting ohms/resistance and looking for anything value other than 1 or 0.000 between the two probe/terminals 

• 2 weeks later...