downpipe knocking steering column

Killerxr6turbo

• Member For: 5y 7m 4d

Hey everyone,

my downpipe is knocking on steering it isnt instant only after going above 3000 revs what would be causing it.

It only happened after I took it to a local mechanic just to do front wheel bearing.

Well he thrashed the vehicle so bad a mate actually witnessed my car drifting up a local street while I was at work.

Exhaust and downpipe was installed at nizpro

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Take it to Nizpro to check the dump.

How did your mate rate the drift, 1 - 10 with 10 being fully sick. Any photos or video.

This is me at  9 /10

Edited by arronm

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

Yep could be. Check for rusty stain at the engine mount. Limit drifting until you fix it.. Or keep drifts at 1 / 10

Edited by arronm

yep I thought engine mount I checked all bolts on exhaust manifold and all tight nothing loose going to nizpro on tuesday.

no no vids mate wasnt quick enough yep he said car was flying sideways I actually no the mechanic that was driving he is one big hoon.

drifts will come soon going back to nizpro shortly for valve springs n e85 conversion 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 10d

did you jack the bottom of the engine to see if the engine mount has separated? it will be hard to spot visually, unless you point a cammera at it and go reproduce the issue.

hopefully your mechanic at least top'd up your fuel tank for joyriding in your car, id be more concern'd regarding him getting your car impounded though.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all it was the engine mount downpipe all good now. but still got some knocking from exhaust feel like its coming from the cat area, the cat on it is nizpro high flow or could be coming from the start of the exhaust from the cat the exhaust is xforce its very loud when it knocks it does come and go but annoying non the less