FG "premium" upgrades?

ken666

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 27d

Is it possible to upgrade the so called "premium" stereo in a 2008 FG XR6?

I would like to use my android device for music without a cable, but can only connect for phone use.

Surely there must be a cable available by now to swap the standard ipod cable to a mini usb or an app for android phones that tricks the icc, and streams music through the phone connection?

If not I will have to replace the dodgy ipod cable it already has, and load all my music back onto my old ipod!  I just hate using apple software to transfer my music, as it never seems to all make it onto the device for some reason?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

oh man... old people and technology haha

of course it's possible to upgrade.

if you install the "aux booster" connection, then it will work with an "aux" cable, but you said you don't want that, so you want bluetooth.

install a headunit that's bluetooth compatible to get the stock speakers with whatever music source you want.

if you want to upgrade the entire system, there's full replacement ICC's like mentioned here -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/94218-fg-mk-1-2-fgx-babf-and-territory-replacement-icc/

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

I had one of these in my BA for Bluetooth streaming:

https://www.anker.com/uk/products/variant/soundsync-drive/A3351011

Haven't bothered putting it in my FG - I just plug into the Aux next to the 12v socket in the centre console. I should though.