Dealing with people with mental illness

ilk

• Is on holiday from communism
  • Member For: 5y 3m 16d

Someone I can't be friends with anymore because I can't go on the emotional rollercoaster anymore for my own mental and physical health. I've tried for 3 years but I gave up. It just sucked the life out of me.

I don't know whether to walk away or just hand her a letter that says you show nearly every trait of having narcissistic personalty disorder and borderline personality disorder....

You're all older and wiser than me. Any suggestions? Or should I let the next clown she put her claws into get destroyed as well.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Wrong forum bro 

unless this broad has a set of wheels,Barra and a turbo you’re on your own 

#Jussayn 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 10m

Definitely not your own.....

Are you romantically involved (or trying to be) with this one and its not working out? 3 years is a hell of an effort and it sounds like you've given it all you've got. May well be time to walk away, or at least withdraw your attention, if you can bring yourself to do that. They may well realise what they are losing and it could be the kick in the pants they need to change their behaviour.

The letter my not be such a bad idea. If she has it in writing she can come back to it a re-read it multiple times, rather than just hearing it once and forgetting it.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 3d
On 21/05/2019 at 9:33 PM, I love kittens said:

Someone I can't be friends with anymore because I can't go on the emotional rollercoaster anymore for my own mental and physical health. I've tried for 3 years but I gave up. It just sucked the life out of me.

I don't know whether to walk away or just hand her a letter that says you show nearly every trait of having narcissistic personalty disorder and borderline personality disorder....

You're all older and wiser than me. Any suggestions? Or should I let the next clown she put her claws into get destroyed as well.

shouldnt throw stones in glass houses...

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 2d
2 hours ago, FormulaFG said:

They may well realise what they are losing and it could be the kick in the pants they need to change their behaviour.

you obviously don't understand mental illness. it's not a choice of behavior....

• Thanks 1