XR6 SPRINT

JETURBO

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Since no individual thread header was available I’ll post this in the general Ford tag header ( wink wink keif )

Whats everyone’s thoughts on the last and arguably most powerful XR6/Turbo ever made ? We all will know there was only 500 of the XR6 made and 500 of the XR8’s made and enhancements on the factory level to bring power levels up to 325kw for the 6 and some basic styling changes but is it concerned as something “special” or just a whatever outlook on the platform ? 

When first released I thought it was a “whatever” sticker pack vehicle but looking into them a bit more there’s some neat features that was only available on the Sprint lineup ( Gold 6/4 brembos , Carbon fibre intake scoop, intercooler, ICC dash gauges, overboost strategy, to name a few )and some crazy work putting it together from what might seem an over kill team at production. 

So far I haven't seen one in SA first hand nor know any customers with one but is it something special or just fluff ? 

Whats others thoughts on this vehicle ? 

• Gold Donating Members

What about the colour line up, pretty basic

would the Hero colour be Kinetic ? 

Would of been killer to have some Octane,dash,bionic’s Mystic even a new hectic colour line up just for the sprint like the old cobalt ? 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 7m 25d

I drove one here in NZ, its just a spruced up XR6T, But it went hard and had good brakes. 

I would buy one.

Edited by tazzanz

• Gold Donating Members

No denying it’s nothing special from the XR6T aspect and a shame that it’s not more significant in a body styling point of view and been more long the tines of the FG XR6T vs FG F6310 comparison ( full body kit )  as that really stood out ! Amongst other items 

It does seem most would own one ;) 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Maybe good to have a bone stock unmodified one in 50 years. I bet the FGX ugly  will have faded in 50 years as well. Other than that, a tuned up FPV is the one to own...

Edited by arronm

• Gold Donating Members

Front end is definitely a love/hate relationship.... I’ll just get used to it I suppose, the rear is better

5cdf8caa6de3186488.jpg