JETURBO

XR6 SPRINT

Since no individual thread header was available I’ll post this in the general Ford tag header ( wink wink keif )

Whats everyone’s thoughts on the last and arguably most powerful XR6/Turbo ever made ? We all will know there was only 500 of the XR6 made and 500 of the XR8’s made and enhancements on the factory level to bring power levels up to 325kw for the 6 and some basic styling changes but is it concerned as something “special” or just a whatever outlook on the platform ? 

When first released I thought it was a “whatever” sticker pack vehicle but looking into them a bit more there’s some neat features that was only available on the Sprint lineup ( Gold 6/4 brembos , Carbon fibre intake scoop, intercooler, ICC dash gauges, overboost strategy, to name a few )and some crazy work putting it together from what might seem an over kill team at production. 

So far I haven't seen one in SA first hand nor know any customers with one but is it something special or just fluff ? 

Whats others thoughts on this vehicle ? 

What about the colour line up, pretty basic

would the Hero colour be Kinetic ? 

Would of been killer to have some Octane,dash,bionic’s Mystic even a new hectic colour line up just for the sprint like the old cobalt ? 

I drove one here in NZ, its just a spruced up XR6T, But it went hard and had good brakes. 

I would buy one.

Edited by tazzanz

No denying it’s nothing special from the XR6T aspect and a shame that it’s not more significant in a body styling point of view and been more long the tines of the FG XR6T vs FG F6310 comparison ( full body kit )  as that really stood out ! Amongst other items 

It does seem most would own one ;) 

Maybe good to have a bone stock unmodified one in 50 years. I bet the FGX ugly  will have faded in 50 years as well. Other than that, a tuned up FPV is the one to own...

Edited by arronm

Front end is definitely a love/hate relationship.... I’ll just get used to it I suppose, the rear is better

5cdf8caa6de3186488.jpg

I have sacrificed getting the 5 series BMW I wanted to own build 414 in Kinetic blue, one owner with a few thousand kms on the clock rated 9.9 out of 10 condition wise

Paid for it today, will get it next week hopefully, still don’t know how I feel about it honestly but I got it regardless 🙃

5cdfaea08275483897.jpg

Yeh it’s a necessity as I need my own one again to do some more R&D on as I just can’t do what I need too on a customer vehicle 

Didn't want a crapper so went for arguably the best Ford made :fluffy:

Did you trade the HSV??  Hey, cant see the ugly from the drivers seat...

Edited by arronm

3 hours ago, arronm said:

Other than that, a tuned up FPV is the one to own...

As a previous owner of a BA2 GT and an FG F6 I disagree. 

I loved my BF2 XR6 turbro over both of them. 

Would still own a White BF2 F6 Rspec to be fair... but will be good to see how this new one goes. 

3 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Front end is definitely a love/hate relationship.... I’ll just get used to it I suppose, the rear is better 

5cdf8caa6de3186488.jpg

I honestly can’t get used to the look of these things. The front is butt ugly and rear is styled exactly the same as the jaguar. Shape just doesn’t the suit front square lights and rear round lights.  It weird imo

best looking falcon is def the b series f6 

congrats on the the new purchase though @JETURBO & @HRM Fluff of Cornwall

Edited by MBAF

Don’t worry I was the first to bag the crap out of the FGX looks wise and still hasn’t grown on me much at all even having to look at them often enough with customers FGX’s but it is what it is and different is enough being the Sprint