Which Xr6T To Buy? (Merged Topic)

Z2TT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Diff bushes need rear cradle drop...in WA its around $700-$1000 including aftermarket bushes. Wouldn't bother with oem; especially if upping power later.

Mine was aftermarket warranty through Ford dealership...think he priced job at $950ish.

Most go with superpro (comfort and a race spec one I think). Comfort is quieter but race handles more power. I have nolathane and so far so good for 50,000kms; with stock power and auto though.

Also assume you know that manuals are slower than auto; but they are more "fun". Zf auto is good...especially on lazy days.

• Like 1

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

If anybody is after a clean, fresh very low KM FG XR6T that's been maintained like a collectors car and been modded properly, get in touch with me.

First upgrade should be Tyres, this motor puts out 500+NM of Torque and you need nothing short of high end tyres to handle the power properly if you want acceleration and not just tyre spin this will make the car safer to drive too.

2nd uprade is reliability - Hard intercooler pipes and Flex plate upgrade/mod if Automatic. Oil Pump gears are also recommended.

Now go for power with you basic intercooler upgrade, injectors and a reputable tuner, the torque is just intoxicating at times it pulls like a big block and with traction control off can send you sideways like a flick of a light switch, I love it.

It was always my vision that Ford would release a piece of crap like the FG-X way before it happened and then it happened, FG-X will be worth nothing in the future like the UC Torana and the earlier models will be the nice ones.

Edited by Z2TT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 8y 7m 1d

cant go wrong with a bf mk2 f6....I was in two minds go fg or bf the look of the bf in my opinion is alot tuffer in the f6 range anyway.

I have had mine for 8 month's now and love it real head turner and has plenty of punch. You will pay as much for a bf f6 as you would for a fg xr6t second hand though.Hard decision mate both good cars....are you lookin at doin mods to it yourself or buyin already with mods ???

post-85290-0-27400600-1443548628_thumb.j

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 2d

BFII F6

FTW

Loved my Ego one. Always had a soft spot for Rapid. DejaVu looks great as well (shout out Ralph). I saw one for sale about 2 months ago over east in Silk. I nearly died, I never knew they made them in Silk. Was ready to book the next flight over for it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 2d

Still for sale. If that didn't have 175,000 I'd be impulse buying that.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Performance-Vehicles-F6-Typhoon-2007/SSE-AD-3527632/?Cr=22

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Looks like it's got 6/4 combo as well, but missing one fog light surround :)