Which Xr6T To Buy? (Merged Topic)

Z2TT

• Member For: 11y 9m 12d

Hey all just looking for a little guidance. I have a 2006 bf xr6 turbo T56 manual with 100k on the clock, it's pretty stock at the moment but I am looking to mod it. However I am torn between modding what I have or selling and buying an FG. I can't decide between the two, I like them both looks wise, I care not for technology or anything like that. Anyone have an info that could sway me one way or the other?

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

I would think its too early to tell 100%

I think I read it will have same power...so its up to you if you like the new look and whether you like new tech (sync 2) better?

If I had the coin for new car...I would go the fgx xr8

Your resell might be a bit sh*t...pretty sure there is heaps of peeps trying to offload fg's ...once the new model is out I think fgs will drop even further :/

Keep your car...buy fgx xr8 and have best of both worlds ;) that's what I will do in 4 yrs time (if any are left that is lol)

Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 4m 2d

Hey guys, looking at getting an FG xr6t in the next month or so. Can anyone tell me if there is any running changes year by year from the first fg's up until when the mk2 came in with the new front bar. I would be getting the auto too.

Also anything specific to this model to keep an eye out for when inspecting the vehicle.

Cheers

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

Mkii front bar looks ghey

Get one with a colour screen it looks so much better. Mines crap gameboy spec

Intercoolers meant to be a little crapper on the mkii also, the one with plastic end tanks. Doesn't matter if your gonna change it anyway.

Mkii all have the bigger cat with the restrictor ring you can grind out then u don't need to upgrade cat apparently until you go for bigger exhaust..