Which Xr6T To Buy? (Merged Topic)

Z2TT

• Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Yep, only thing is Tune cost about $1700 at a reputable place here in Perth, not sure if it's worth it I'm not going to say anything

as I don't know all the ins and outs e.g it might take a whole 9-5 day to tune if that's the case then $1700 justifies it if its around $200 or so per hour for tuning.

Just not sure who to take the car to I've been thinking about Flash Tune Vs On Dyno.... or load flash tune on, then take it to dyno to get it checked out and fine tuned.

But if anything once I decide, the first mods I'm thinking are either :

1 - Dump/Cat + Tune

2 - Cooler + Tune

3 - or Injectors + Tune

4 - Intake + Tune.

Which of these do you guys reckon would be the best bang for the buck as the first mod

Edited by Z2TT

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 14d

fg warranty from new 3yrs or 100,000km from date of sale. the kms wouldn't worry me as at least its always been warmed up seems to be hwy kays. for the right price might be a good buy.

Edited by gsd112

• Member For: 19y 4m 29d
fg warranty from new 3yrs or 100,000km from date of sale. the kms wouldn't worry me as at least its always been warmed up seems to be hwy kays. for the right price might be a good buy.

From first registered.

I bought my aug 2011 MKi nearly 2 months ago & thinking I would be the first registered owner (65kms only) & 3 year warranty start when I got it, but to then find out the qld dealer actually reg it in Oct 2011, so its still covered til Oct 2014 at least. Ill never do the Kms as ill be lucky to 15k by then, if that!

• Member For: 12y 9m 9d

Hi buddy..

The car wouldn't much slower then a VE ss, m8 they have pulled the same time as a HSV GTS..

When I driving the G6Et ss drivers don't even try..

Have put many a gen3 -4 in the back mirror and mines stock..

Keeps up with my ba xr6t tuned to about 50ks..(no stalling)

Just have a look at the mags they even have the turbos quicker..

• Member For: 11y 5m 22d

hey guys, looking into the FG xr6 turbo's, just a couple quick questions....

- seems theres not many manuals out there, did ford release many or is the auto so much popular?

would much rather a oldschool manual box.....

- like the interiors with the black trim, not so much silver.... IF I was to get one with silver trim can the black trim be bought reasonably cheap and changed over?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 14d

that's right if you buy a new car its from date of sale/ first registration, my g6et in jan 10 manufacture but was purchased in april 10 so the warranty starts from that date..

• Like 1

• Member For: 19y 4m 29d

Think manuals were about 20-30% of the market from what the dealer here said.

I'm personally happy with my ZF auto, last thing I want to do after being in the truck all day is change gears again!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m

The car is mostly likely an ex chaser epsecially if it has the brembos and FPV wheels.

That car would go for around 19K at the governement auctions.

If you your going to buy an ex chaser you might as well pay the cheapest possible price for it and get it staight from the auctions..

With the 5K you save from by passing the dealer...get your factory warranty extended for another 3 years or 100,000km, get any little dings etc fixed up, and you should have no headaches...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 16d

I got a ex chaser for 21k from dealer with 3 year warrenty no dramma so farr but I only had her for a few months now..