Which Xr6T To Buy? (Merged Topic)

Z2TT

• Member For: 11y 8m 18d

I came across a ba for 13000 today I checked it out Had plenum,intercooler,injectors,tune Well that's what I could see so far and apparantly has 320kw ATW's Would it be using factory valve springs I thought. The car was very clean with 104000 on the clock I thought about the gearbox after reading up and thought it could go any time soon not to mention a small oil leak around the harmonic balancer which could be old or not. yet to hear back from the owner with questions Thanks for the replys.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 11y 5m 20d

Mate the best thing to do is buy one like mine with all the work done to it for around 16-17k done by a professional work shop.

No more to spend if done right they are unbeatably the best for the $$$.

Edited by EvilDaifu
No need to quote directly above.

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

Thanks for the Replies.

Looks like the FG with the ZF is the go, Would a smaller turbo mean it will pull more violently and hard on kickdown? or the opposite?

I've seen that not many people reccomend changing the Dump pipe or Intercooler, does that mean they are not a bottleneck at 400hp?

Is there any gain in spool to be had with a higher flowing cooler or exhaust? I'd be thinking pushing heaps of boost through would heat up the inlet air temps and the ECU will go easy

on the timing and be slower on hotter days?

Are the factory air inlet pipes to the turbo and filter much of a restriction? I'd like to do only useful mods to my FG when I get it.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 5m 20d

Well that's what it looks like so far But I want to varify who and where the work was done :)

Has it had the Box done as these conversions are very expensive half the purchase price of the car to get something half decent...

• Member For: 20y 7m 22d

Thanks for the Replies.

Looks like the FG with the ZF is the go, Would a smaller turbo mean it will pull more violently and hard on kickdown? or the opposite?

I've seen that not many people reccomend changing the Dump pipe or Intercooler, does that mean they are not a bottleneck at 400hp?

Is there any gain in spool to be had with a higher flowing cooler or exhaust? I'd be thinking pushing heaps of boost through would heat up the inlet air temps and the ECU will go easy

on the timing and be slower on hotter days?

Are the factory air inlet pipes to the turbo and filter much of a restriction? I'd like to do only useful mods to my FG when I get it.

With the smaller turbo spool is much quicker and delivers a greater amount of torque earlier so yes it will pull harder down low when compared to a BA/BF of similar power output.

The cat is the main restriction in the exhaust at 400hp and it is part of the factory dump so if you want an easy bolt in mod a dump and cat is the go. Certainly improving flow in either the intake piping or exhaust will improve spool and reduce restriction. It is advised to change the cooler piping as the factory plastic pipes have been known to fail with higher boost. A bigger intercooler is going to make the car perform much more consistantly on hotter days so I'd advise to get one. People have made 400rwhp without one but I'd question the consistancy of their power when the ambient temps increase.

Basic required mods to get 400rwhp are listed by sexual harrassment panda in post 2 of this thread

Benny.

Edited by Benny

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

Sweet thanks a lot for putting me in the right direction guys, Which Intercooler kit is the best, for about 400hp, something that can soak the heat up well but still flow well I know it's hard to find a good balance.

I'm not looking for cheap crap but not wanting to get something that's 1000hp rated Either. On my previous cars from experienced I've noticed a well designed Intercooler really makes a differences

in performance.

Pretty amazing how the factory exhaust and mufflers can flow well for 400hp, is it a Twin System, are they normal baffled mufflers?

I'd like to have a good Tuning solution where I can have a base map that's been tried and proven over time, and get a tuner here in Perth to fine tune that to suit my car.

I take it the CAPA Ford Flash 2 is the best out there and can it be tuned in Real time, do CAPA send you a base tune for it for the FG?

Edited by Z2TT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Depends if you want to cut some of the front supports out or not. If not PWR or PW stepped coolers. If you don't mind, then rapid, nizpro, plaz, PW all make good coolers

And most people use the xcal3 rather than capa box. And you don't want pre-loaded tunes, leave it to the tuner do everything from scratch. XFT in Perth seems to be the pick of the bunch over there, has some great cars come out of their shop!