New engine....car not starting

Rowdy1

• Member For: 4y 10m 16d

Hi everyone, need some help with my partners FG Turbo. He has changed the engine and the boys have it all back together but we are all scratching our heads wondering why the car won't turn over and start. They have checked wiring, battery connection, fuel lines, u name it they have probably checked it. They have hooked up a scan tool and it is spitting out faults unsure what faults though as I didnt see the results. Does anyone have any clues??

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 1d

hey we would need to see the fault codes to have a better idea.

if everythings connected then could be an electrical plug not seated fully or something little like this.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2d

make sure they used the engine loom of the old mtr . It shouldn't throw codes if everything is plugged in (like the 3 plugs under the ecu, very easy to latch 1 up without it being seated first)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 4y 10m 16d

They managed to get the car started My partner pulled out all the wires and reconnected them again....however needs new gearbox as old 1 I <3 Bananased out so it doesn't sound the best atm. Thanks for your responses.

• Member For: 4y 10m 9d

Iv got a 03 xr6 turbo with 4speed auto we have just replaced the intake plenum gasket as it blows one every month or so. I went to start it an it cranks over like it wants to start but then sends a single backfire out the exhaust. Iv tested for spark an it only sparks after I stop cranking it over its got us really lost any help would be awesome cheers