New fg turbo modding question

nickzahra693

• Member For: 5y 1m 27d

Hi guys I’ve recently purchased a fg mk2T and I’ve found out today that it has been dyno tuned with an xforce 3.5” system with a 4” dump 3.5” cat with stock injectors. Now the owner has taken this system off and sold it with the stock system to me. I’ve spoken to the tuner who had done the work and he told me that I can buy the same system and bolt straight on. But it was under my intention that you have to change injectors as soon as you touch the cat or up the exhaust size. The dyno sheets will be sent to me shortly but he said it was making just over 400hp. My question is will it be okay to bolt on this system or will it run too lean?

Cheers guys

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

it's already been tuned for the exhaust system, so it won't run too lean (assuming the tune was good and the tune is still in the car).

it's fine to run stock injectors with an aftermarket exhaust system, but you're just not running as efficiently as the engine can.

two options, realistically:

1. leave it stock and ensure the stock tune is in it.

2. modify it (probably like the previous owner did) and then go back and get the tuner to just chuck the tune in the car and go from there.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 15d
2 hours ago, nickzahra693 said:

Thanks for the info mate! The tune for the upgraded exhaust is apparently still live... not sure how that works. Also how many kw are the stock injectors good for till they start being exhausted ?

its a verry open ended question, most people will ask what afr and boost and all sorts before answering that kind of question. You would be better of asking your tunner what he prefers to do. dont take this as exact numbers, this is not exact.

B series turbo injectors are something like 310cc from memory and will run out of fuel with he stock turbo around 10 psi of boost.

Fg normal injectors I think are around 350cc so can push a little further.

fg f6 are 440 cc ish and once again will go a little further.

the exhaust system will remove a restriction for the turbo, so it may want to by default run more boost. in certain situations these fords will love to over-boost - that's why people fit-up the modified rear housing with larger ports, or external gates.

If you have been talking to a workshop allready, perhaps ask them about getting the injectors done, especally if you want to up the boost and go for more power....if you want the exhaust for the note and standard boost levels then you might be a-ok.

• Like 1