Venom Exhaust and Mild or Stainless??

joshh1308

• Member For: 4y 10m 18d

Hey guys, recently purchased a G6ET and looking at doing some basic mods. Have been eyeing up the Venom turbo back exhaust but not sure whether to go stainless or mild steel. Is stainless really worth the extra and does it have any effect on exhaust note? Also be good to hear from anyone that's had some experience dealing with the Venom products.

Thanks guys.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 6m 24d

Stainless normally sounds more raspy, mild steel normally sounds better in my opinion just need to make sure its protected so it doesn't rust

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

Hey Josh

The venom systems are great value for money and for any members looking for anything on the venom catalogue I can do better than rrp, just buzz me a P.M :) 

As @espoig has described the Mild systems give a deeper mellow sound and zero drone whereas the full stainless systems can sound “Tinny” and hollow for a while whilst they get a bit of carbon through them and once that’s done the final sound is a Raspy sound vs warm mild  of the mild steel. 

Heres one I fitted to a FGX turbo last month 

5c8c57f656aa6.jpg

5c8c57f48e129.jpg

5cd73fc596725.jpg

5cd73fc465bf5.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

All depends on the sound you want, SS is as described above as in MS described above 

Both systems will out live the vehicle in normal operation but yes SS does have an “Expected” longer life span 

send me a P.M and I can ship you one to your door for less than RRP/Ebay prices ;) 

• Member For: 13y 1m 15d

@JETURBO whats the gains in this Venom cat back exhaust over stock system.  I'm running the Venom high flow cat pipe with the stock exhaust system with the baby 3576 turbo.   Looking at turbos next.   Maybe GT3582R turbo.   Cheers 🍻