Diff bush question

xr6tjt

• Member For: 5y 9d

Hi everyone, fairly new to the ford scene and have myself a tidy xr6 6 speed manual turbo m2 ba, have had it for a few months and recently I have been sus on the rear diff bushes, the car has some backlash and tonight I took it out on some back country roads for the first time in the wet (standard power figures) and it was disappointing, can’t lay any power to the ground as the axle tramp is bad, I’ve played around under it once and tried to inspect the diff bushes myself but can’t see past the massive round washer type shield, I’ve had a mechanic perform a rwc inspection and he said that they are ok, they where also changed recently before I purchased the car, aparently! 

I am just mostly Suss on them as it has backlash and axle tramp, it’s quite annoying and very unrefined, any suggestions are welcomed, thanks 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

It probably has aftermarket bushes in it that transfer more NVH. You can see the back of the diff bush if you're underneath the car and it's near the spare wheel well.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 11m 10d

Most people with the two piece poly bushings as they are super simple to fit, but your going to have a basically solid mount and way more road noise.

you best bet is to sus out what you have, then change it to something different.

stock are usually black and old, superpro are blue or the solid polys are usually red.

Thanks for the replies, I’ve inspected them today on a mates hoist, they look ok but so show slight signs of wear, I don’t know what’s acceptable and what isn’t, they look to be either standard ford or aftermarket, I did take some pics but I’m having a hard time putting them up!  

thanks again keith, I cant get the upload thing to work so perhaps I can just put up the links and hopefully they work, im not the most computer savvy, 

this one looks odd how its so offset??V0MhKtN.jpg

aLhyAfI.jpg

vJIYlSl.jpg

JxdewBG.jpg

Edited by k31th
fixed pics

• 1 month later...