Xr6 turbo bf problems

Joel0201

• Member For: 5y 1m 3d

Hey guys I’ve recently bought an xr6 turbo 

the car seams solid but has some issue which I would love to get some more experienced opinions about (I’ve come from the dark side Rb30s) 

so it’s a Bf motor mildly built (aftermarket transcooler, intercooler, valves, head studs and some more goodies) 

zf6 too

when driving I receive and engine light and traction is always on sometimes when this happens error po237 comes on. I have a boost gauge installed and it hits 5psi I have currently looped out the factory solinoid and gone straight from the turbo nipple to the wastage. 

Which makes me think that it’s a bad tune, unless I have a faulty map sensor or boost sensor? Am I on the right path? 

Also when I clear the codes and go for a drive it will run for a while with no problems until I boot it at around 3thousand when it shuts off and Speedo goes to 0 then goes back in gear. 

From what I’ve seen bad coils can do this?? 

The coils  were changed 2 years ago

It is fine if I very slowly ramp up the rpm

Am I on the right path with looking at these issues

thank you very much. 

Just hoping to get some more knowledge of the engines and if anyone has had this happen. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

sounds more like a throttle position sensor or cam position sensor failure, based on it occurring on load scenario's only (irrelevant of whether you're on the full boost arrangement or actuator boost arrangement you've currently got), but it could be the boost pressure sensor, too...

The traction control light being "on permanently" means that the system is deactivated. Does pressing the TC button change anything and does this go away when you reset the ignition?

The Check Engine Light (or CEL) could be a sign of almost anything, but the code itself does help (copied from https://fordforums.com.au/dtc/dtc.php):

BF P0237 Turbo boost pressure sensor (BPS) circuit low voltage.   Defective sensor. Defective supply voltage (may be part of multiple DTCs). Defective wiring or connection to the boost sensor (short to ground).

• Member For: 5y 1m 3d

Hey mate cheers for the help,

the traction light only comes on when the engine light comes on (its like there paired and im not able to deactivate traction once it has come on)

but if I reset the battery and all the warning lights are gone traction control works like it should and will come off and on.

also on a side note: the engine will not trip out in park or neural even if I was to rev it really hard too