Loud squeak from front right of my FGX Turbo

FGX 40T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 14d

I have this annoying very loud squeaking noise from the front right of the car. I have Pedders Sport Ryder coils and Bilstein shocks (3 years old). The noise was originally from the left side. My friend and mechanic has been chasing the noise. We have changed both upper and lower control arms, the tierod end and the other arm, link pins and D bushes. The noise persists. So we swapped the struts over to the other side (whole assembly) to see if the noise shifted and it did. So we have narrowed it down to something to do with that particular assembly. Not sure if it is the shock or top hat. I don't think it would be the coil but who knows.

We put some lube on the top hat and coil and the sound went away for the initial test drive then returned after. Pulling my hair out. Any ideas?

• Donating Members

Looks like I'm not the only one baffled by this. As there are really only three things left to change- shock, top mount or coil, I will start by replacing the shock. I have ordered a new Bilstein shock and will fit that hopefully next week. I will keep you posted. Any other suggestions always welcome.

• Donating Members

Thanks. Job done. Ended up throwing money at it. I replaced both front shocks and upgraded the top strut mounts. Problem gone. Car is nice and quiet.

• Like 1