395rwkw FG MKII

tds

• Member For: 7y 3m 25d

Had my FG MKII sedan modded and tuned recently. 

1000cc xspurt injectors

4” dump & hi flow cat

valve springs

Plazmaman 800hp IC 

4” hotside intake w/ battery relo 

Procharge GTX64 Turbo with new actuator 

Walbro 460

PCMTEC tune also had ZF tuned.

Made 395rkw on 98 @ 20PSI on hub dyno, full boost by 3120rpm flat boost all the way to redline.

The thing is just nuts on the street.

9i4ms8.jpg

Edited by tds
  • Like 1

• Member For: 7y 3m 25d

Haha it’s turning my fuel gauge more!

I did 35km from a full tank and it used a quarter on the gauge. Average is about 20L/100 right now. 

The torque is 730NM so things will break soon enough if I’m not gentle. 

Any recommendations for driveline workshops in Sydney for when it eventually pops?

• 5 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Chose this thread as have very similar setup to OP,  although no battery relocate. After spinning the wheels a bit and seeing some high RPM, decided on fitting a new H/D oil pump gear assembly and while in the shop, they put it on the dyno for a quick check over. Due to my ignorance, I was a bit surprised to see 20+psi of boost on the chart. Oil on paper is from originals pump gears I took with me.

Car ran a bit rough apparently so plug gaps were checked, so plan is for retune. PSI down a bit, bit more fuel so AFR down a touch and bit more timing as is currently around 5 degrees advance, I think, to extend life of motor.

So having NFI, I have a question about the original dyno and current one. HP and torque is similar, but the rpm/power/torque figures seem to have changed somewhat. Origin graph shows spool and max torque about 1000 rpm lower.

Any thoughts on any of the above would be gratefully received.

Dyno.png

Sept19.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

So following up on last post, revisit to tuner to lower boost to a sustainable level (Apparently previous high boost was commanded) add a bit of fuel and some timing was pulled as well, so dropped a few nm's and a bit more laggy than before but got to keep the old school number, so happy with result. No fault codes showing. Got idle sorted when hot, doesn't stall anymore.

Oil pump gears - Tick, although now realising was probably not required for auto 

Safe Tune - Internal wastegate seems to work now - Tick

Next job - ZF full fluid flush and heat exchange upgrade to keep trans cooler in tropics and remove milkshake issue. (although I did notice it heats up the tranny super quick as is, when I was grovelling around down there) Still tossing up between liquid gold 6 and GW product and whether to have upfront @JETURBO style or smaller unit with fan between the original dodge one is and the chassis rail. As there is no E85 in FNQ, then no chance to need same space for surge tank.

Once again apologies for chithouse image. Need to get another phone/brain.

RetuneOct19.thumb.png.2b5db84cde218d36992ab068b57d1a6e.png

Edited by Wyatt
Added stuff
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

you're less likely to spin it too high when you have an auto as it shifts for you... it's the "a little bit too high revs" that can cause the stress on the pump and it's gearing... which is more likely in a manual... but if you're going to spin it higher than 6,500 then you should do the pump gears (amongst a bunch of other mods).

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d
1 hour ago, O Trader said:

What's the logic about not requiring bilet oil pump gears when running the ZF auto with high power numbers ?

Torsion moments from the crank on the oil  pump gears every time you change gears for manual..    Nothing to do with peak revs unless you bounce off the limiter. Limiter bashing isnt good for manual or auto as it has the same bashing effect on the pump gears.   BUT billet pump gears and billet balancer is a MUST  if you rev high and rev high for long periods. 

Edited by arronm