No sound fg

Tommy_m8

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 8d

ok so lets see if we can work this out...

1. installing an amp

2. used a 12v+ (assuming as it hasnt been confirmed) instead of a remote, then no sound

3. states "was" going to use a HLLC but didnt?

4. Asked if standard amp was checked and advised it was removed? Are you referring to the amp you were installing?

5. hasnt actually advised what the amp was installed for or what exactly was connected to it

6. confirmed amp is working? Powering on or actually transmits sound?

lots of useless information here with no real answers doesn't make it easy to diagnose, in saying that "IF" there was no HLLC installed and just an amp there would be no signal to the AMP at all so hitting it with a +12V would not do anything as the amp requires 12v remote to turn on the AMP (12v+ would just mean the amp is powered 24/7 and not turning off when the ignition is off) so that eliminates that as an issue, what I do suspect is that it was live and earthed somewhere other than the amp because you didnt disconnect the battery or fried a circuit on the amplifier its self.

so if you would like some more help by all means provide some clear answer and information so that we can help diagnose

• Member For: 5y 5d

Yes I was installing an amp as I've only got a stock icc, plugged in a blue wire to the re.ote and the speakers cut out I followed the wire up to the fuse box running into a plug I'm not sure what it's for?

The amp still turns on when I put the remote in but still no sound 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 8m 8d

Ok well if you return it to stock and connect the speakers straight to the icc do you get sound?

amp powering on doesn’t mean it’s not fried though.. if the 12v+ Touched the cover it’s possible it blew a transistor in it, but 12v+ to remote is fine 

• Member For: 5y 5d

I've had the speakers running off the icc the whole time as I was wiring up the amp, turns out the cord I thought was the remote went into a plug to the drivers side fuse box, I'm just hoping it hasn't fried the acm.