Gun40t

Help turbo loud whine.. Lost of some power

Hey guys ive got a horrible sound its a like skreik sound from my turbo on boost it make its bost target but sounds horribly I have got one loss manifold bolt, the turbo is missing 2 nuts which im.waiting to replace could this be the issue whats a good way to test for a boost leak cheers.

sockets and a uni-joint and some access from the underneath for the hard bottom ones, top ones you can get spanners onto.

Yeah I have unis and stuff and I can get the top 2 but do I need to do.from bottom.of car?

Sorry misreqd that thanks man ill give it a crack tonight I brough some m8x1.25 nuts I was told that's what I needed

They are M8x1.25 studs for the turbocharger-exhaust-housing-to-dump-pipe studs.

The studs for the manifold-to-turbocharger connection are M10x1.5 on one end and M10x1.25 on the other (finer thread on the outside for better clamping pressure)

Thank you very much for your help keith I will source some nuts today from the local nuts and bolt shop, hoping this eliminates my annoying sound maybe will help with less of a boost leak.

Would you recomend these as the stud kit for the dump pipe to turbo? 2188442757712ddfdfb8bd9e24e35f80.jpg

Also have a question keith I seem to have a high pitched squeal coming on boost at around 4000rpm, sounds boost related ive had to cable tie my bottom intercooler hose because its been a *beep* and dropped below my bar can something like that affect boost noise if its pinched in about 8cm. Cheers brother.

So tonight I brought the factory blow off valve to replace the stupid blocked off sh*t the previous owner had done I was hoping u could shed some light on where to find the vacuum line that goes into the top of the bov.

9ea8af0838920a9be70f97d8df3327de.jpg

blocked off BOV, FTW!

but since you don't like it, the vacuum hose will come off a t-piece at the back of the plenum.

it's hardly any lost boost if you're up it... it's manual vs auto that loses more boost (manual does) on gear changes... the idea of a BOV is to throw away all unused boost when you get stop accelerating, so I don't know what you want from it. :idunno:

Not sure why you'd think a dose sounds like "guna stall" but it sounds like your car has a different problem if it does actually make the car come close to stalling.

but if you don't like the sound itself, that's fine.

and have a hobbs switch to get rid of spark during hte change to allow for flat shifting and the associated gearset to be able to flat shift without doing much damage? yep.