Help turbo loud whine.. Lost of some power

Gun40t

• Member For: 6y 7m 27d
Also have a question keith I seem to have a high pitched squeal coming on boost at around 4000rpm, sounds boost related ive had to cable tie my bottom intercooler hose because its been a *beep* and dropped below my bar can something like that affect boost noise if its pinched in about 8cm. Cheers brother.

• Member For: 6y 7m 27d

So tonight I brought the factory blow off valve to replace the stupid blocked off sh*t the previous owner had done I was hoping u could shed some light on where to find the vacuum line that goes into the top of the bov.

9ea8af0838920a9be70f97d8df3327de.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

blocked off BOV, FTW!

but since you don't like it, the vacuum hose will come off a t-piece at the back of the plenum.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

it's hardly any lost boost if you're up it... it's manual vs auto that loses more boost (manual does) on gear changes... the idea of a BOV is to throw away all unused boost when you get stop accelerating, so I don't know what you want from it. :idunno:

Not sure why you'd think a dose sounds like "guna stall" but it sounds like your car has a different problem if it does actually make the car come close to stalling.

but if you don't like the sound itself, that's fine.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

and have a hobbs switch to get rid of spark during hte change to allow for flat shifting and the associated gearset to be able to flat shift without doing much damage? yep.