2010 Ford XR6 Turbo engine light.

Gem777

• Member For: 5y 7d

Hey guys I'm just after some advise.

I have recently just brought a FG  Ford XR6 turbo from a car dealer, we don't have much background info on the car just have been told that the boost has been modified to 13/14 PSI or something like that and apparently it triggers the engine light. As soon as I got the car home the engine light came on so I took it into ford and they diagnosed a Cam belt overtiming and solenoids $1200 later (thank god for warranty) they fixed it and no more then 24hrs later the light has come on AGAIN! Another trip to ford and they couldn't tell me anything and said I need to take the car back to the dealer, they said that it would take hours to find the problem and its a process of elimination and  the car is driving they didn't even tell me what codes have come up or gave me a report. The dealership are saying its to boost that is causing the light to come on and ford don't know what they are doing, the car is driving perfect and I have had no issues in the 3 weeks that I have owned it but the light has been on the whole time beside for like 2 days were it turned off and then back on again. So my question is where to from here, its annoying having the engine light on because its making me think something is wrong. Thanks 

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 18d

Something is wrong, that's why it's got the light on.

It's been modified but no word of how it was tuned and has a sketchy history.

It could be an aftermarket actuator was fitted but not tuned to suit. Which sounds likely.

Could be a whole bunch of other things.
You should have made the dealer handle it before paying for it.

Take it to a decent local tuner to sort it but expect to pay a lot as no one wants these kind of jobs.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

It's running fine so more likely the O2 sensor MIL wasn't disabled when it was tuned. You need to see what code/s is illuminating the MIL before you can make further progress.

Let us know what state you are in so you can be directed to a member with tuning/scanning software or a good ford tuner.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 24d

You have to have the codes to try to work out whats wrong. I think autobarn will read codes but a cheap scanner is proberly the way to go $80 and you own it, while it wont do everything they're easy to use & you only pay once. If it's boost related is the exhaust std?