Billet Thermostat Housing - Group Buy

HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d

Spoke to Hammond engineering today. He said that the housing normally has the bypass  installed and that facilitating the radiator outlet/bleed is not a problem.  We do however need a consensus on the positioning of these. Personally, I would prefer the cap bypass to run parallel with the radiator hose, and the radiator bleed to be in the factory position. I need feedback on this ASAP, as the order will be placed on Friday. Please note that Hammond will not be supplying the barbs for the housings. These can be easily sourced from any of you local speed shops, or Ebay..

Hammond has requested that we make full payment (Including the $30 freight) upon ordering. I am more than happy to collect the funds and make the order. Please pm me for account detail and please provide a postal address  for the freight while you are at it...

Regards

Got a price back from MFP this morning.

"For 5 it’ll be over 3k. There’s about 4 hours work in rack one at $120ph plus drawing and materials"

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 17d

For the outlet from the cap I'd say put it facing back towards the windscreen. Hides it and then put a 90* on it and hide the line to the recovery tank.

Realistically does it need the bleed line returned there?
HIPSI, I was thinking along the lines of your idea. Turns out b series radiators fit the fg so maybe blank the factory bleed line and use an air bleed screw/bung at the top of the cold side, what do you think?

I'm planning on mounting mine on the L/H chassis rail, near my catch can.

I could do paypal for you. If you want to paypal for security, keep in mind that there will be a lag time is 3-4 weeks for manufacturing. I think that this would mot likely go over the maximum time... Not that you need it with me. I'm a pretty stand up guy..

Personally, I'm not keen on the over pressure facing rearward. As anyone with a forward facing plenum will have issues with the fuel rail and getting it past the plenum.  I prefer it to run parallel with the hose, as it will keep it neat and allow for the tank to be mounted and hidden down on the chassis rail..

kTGBRKJ.jpg

• Like 1

As you can see it's quite a busy area for us that have Plazzy plenums, and hose rub can cause damage for polished/painted units.  I'm trying to make this as seamless as streamlined as possible for Hammond. I'm concerned that ti will become an issue, if he has to cater for 5 different designs.

1 hour ago, tazzanz said:

Also are we doing an AN fitting for the rad hose like pictured above or just regular slide on hose style.

I can always ask if it has any additional cost involved.. Costs nothing to ask....

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 8m 18d

Yes I I like that barb location too. Just thinking hopefully the barb wouldn't foul on the radiator cap? With the position the necks are on the hammond units.

• Like 1