HI PSI

Billet Thermostat Housing - Group Buy

As you can see it's quite a busy area for us that have Plazzy plenums, and hose rub can cause damage for polished/painted units.  I'm trying to make this as seamless as streamlined as possible for Hammond. I'm concerned that ti will become an issue, if he has to cater for 5 different designs.

1 hour ago, tazzanz said:

Also are we doing an AN fitting for the rad hose like pictured above or just regular slide on hose style.

I can always ask if it has any additional cost involved.. Costs nothing to ask....

Here is cast unit form another supplier... It's pretty much the same price as the billet. I share their idea barb location.

XML2L33.jpg

Yes I I like that barb location too. Just thinking hopefully the barb wouldn't foul on the radiator cap? With the position the necks are on the hammond units.

I'm sure that he'll be all over it. But I will note your concern, if this it is the orientation that the majority request.

I do need feedback on this from all interested parties... Please comment or PM me please.

Could you not put 2 locations on it? One on the front and one in the back?? Gives flexibility since there are an abundance of AN fittings and angles and can be blanked easy enough? 

Adding additional fitting locations is just additional places for it to leak IMO. Keep it simple keep it in one place.

I’ve ran swirl pots on many of my cars and never had an issue with leaking, but that comes down to setup and maintenance. Was just an idea if there wasn’t an agreement on location

I don't want to throw another spanner into the works but Franklin engineering here in NZ could be a option if we wanted another. This is the sort of stuff they specialize in CNC car parts. They are very well priced too and send to Aus regularly. Probably no point now but I thought I would put it out there.

https://franklineng.co.nz/

I'll be upgrading to my oil system soon and I'll require some billet brackets. Thanks for the link and recommendation, it's always handy having a list of quality suppliers.

To save on inbox complications, please find below the account information for  the group buy.  Please have the money deposited tonight, so that I  can complete the order. 

Bradley Miners 

Bsb : 014729

Acc no: 503832108

Please use your username as the  reference. 

Its probably at this point I should mention im in NZ 🤣 Is hammond fine with sending to NZ, Shall I gave him a call tomorrow? I can still pay into your bank no worries or I could pay hammond direct if he hasn't figured out shipping costs yet.

55 minutes ago, tazzanz said:

Its probably at this point I should mention im in NZ 🤣 Is hammond fine with sending to NZ, Shall I gave him a call tomorrow? I can still pay into your bank no worries or I could pay hammond direct if he hasn't figured out shipping costs yet.

That's a bit of a curve ball. Lol. I'm more than happy for you to arrange your own.  Just mention the group buy.  

Edited by HI PSI

@HI PSI Are you having all the units sent directly to yourself then distributing them onward or having him sent them direct to everyone. He's not exactly the easiest to deal with just sent him a message. 

Haha nothing that juicy, Just coming up with alot of problems and not any solutions. From what he has told me he is sending them directly to HIPSI and then he is distributing from there, This may have been lost in translation. Reckons hes charging $30 for shipping for the time it takes 🤣 

I found him difficult and inflexible. Here's some of our conversation on freight.  I decided not to share all of the conversation.  

Hammond  - "Yeah I can ship individually. I'll need 1/2 up front and 1/2 at completion. Freight would probably be ~$30 each express if I have to send individually".

How much for combined?

Yeppoon. Queensland

"I'd guess about $70ish".

"I will have to ask for full payment up front now however due to your reaction to the postage cost."

Taz, I'm happy to do either.  It would work out to be about the same cost wise. 

Edited by HI PSI

Hmmm, Yes he seems like abit of a cock. His work looks mint though so I have no concerns there but he is hung up on making freight difficult when it shouldn't be. I would suggest we try Franklin engineering as this sort of work is there specialty (Automotive parts) But may work out more expensive as I assume they will need to draw up a CAD Design to suit? Were as Hammond already has it saved.