Billet Thermostat Housing - Group Buy

HI PSI

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Hey Guys,

Travis from Hammond Engineering here. I haven't been on these forums since like 2010 when I got rid of my FG XR6T Ute 🤣

I feel like I may have been misrepresented earlier in this thread, but that's the internet for you :P

The reason I've popped in here is that I'm nearly done with another batch of thermostat housings. This time they're the -16AN style, that will be available with an optional screw on barb to take a standard radiator hose. (see rendering below) (Note: the barb will not point down at the same angle as the original housing)

If anyone is interested hit me up on my Facebook page

Final pricing still to be confirmed, but they should be a bit cheaper than the previous style do to them being easier to manufacture.

Cheers,

Trav

f54b6efe-a19b-4bc8-ba22-ef73c105cf8f.JPEG

thermostat_housing_2020-Jan-23_10-03-53PM-000_CustomizedView31002187641.jpg

• Like 2

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

Misrepresented? In what way?:dontknow:

Don't get me wrong, the price was reasonable.. The product we received could have been better I.e the gouge on the front lower section near the hose neck. But, we didn't complain...

I guess that your perception could differ. As ones perspective changes given their position Eg:" If you are the I <3 Bananaser, or the I <3 Bananasee...... We can all guess which one you consider yourself to be...

All things said, I would be happy to buy off you again if I needed parts fabricated. however, you might want to work on your people skills.

Misrepresented in that you made it look like I made you pay the entire price upfront just because you had asked for an individual and combined shipping quote, which was not the case at all. I asked for everything up front after you were unhappy with the postage that I had quoted and said you were going elsewhere and that I'd lost the sale. But like I said, this is the internet and everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

As for quality, I do agree there were things that could have been done better. I am constantly trying to improve my processes and techniques to make the best parts that I can, and I appreciate any feedback (positive or constructive, it all helps me grow as a person and get a better feel for what is expected) and I will definitely try to work on my communication skills. 

Enough of that anyway - here's some pictures of the finished product (I believe the quality is better than the previous model. One notable difference is a more obvious visible stepped tool path, people I have spoken to have suggested that they prefer this as it makes it more obvious that it is a billet part, and not just cast or something.) These will be retailing for $260 inc GST for the standard -16AN model. I'll be making the barb adaptor this week and I'll work out a price once they're done. These will be available through myself or through HP Junkie in Melbourne (he prompted this batch)
83498765_2645246838922579_5278418363293368320_o.thumb.jpg.8f2a7132f64383e6ec303b39b931378a.jpg83334993_2645246878922575_9215687236555636736_n.thumb.jpg.55d60558100a35944a453f3725a7e0ba.jpg83225077_2645246938922569_8760820517390254080_n.thumb.jpg.9dd7a3529d1f7aa8cd9bcf8901cdbcf1.jpg

Only if you talk real nice to me

1 hour ago, espoig said:
Damnit now I want a -16 one, I already have one of the old ones

Can anyone ever truly have too many material possessions?

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d
1 hour ago, xa-mont said:

Misrepresented in that you made it look like I made you pay the entire price upfront just because you had asked for an individual and combined shipping quote, which was not the case at all. I asked for everything up front after you were unhappy with the postage that I had quoted and said you were going elsewhere and that I'd lost the sale. But like I said, this is the internet and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Neither paying members or myself had an issue with paying up front. I do it regularly when ordering parts. I cannot see that portrayed anywhere in this thread. Maybe you can correct me.

I took offence to your charge for packaging, your arrogance and inflexibility. Nothing more. It seems that I was not the only one to notice this.  

All in all, most were happy with the product. I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

I'm glad you were happy with the product, and in the interest of peace on the internet I will also leave it at that

I'm sorry the whole process didn't go as well as you wanted. And I'll try to work on it.

Cheers,
Trav
  • Like 1