HI PSI

Billet Thermostat Housing - Group Buy

I'm looking to do a header tank delete and I am sure that others would be also. I just got some prices on some billet thermostat housings. Damn sexy units...

Anyway, they are normally $340 each, but they are happy to do $260 each for 5 units.  Let me know if you're interested.....

OAtwAjb.jpg

Just questioned Hammond Engineering about the lag time from ordering to delivery. Keep in mind, that this is if we order now...

"Generally I can do within 2 weeks, but I'm flat out right now so it'd be more like 3-4 weeks."

People interested:

1. HI PSI

2. Ozywalker

3. Travis

4. Callum

Would it be worth having some blanking plugs made as well to make it up as a kit?

Would be worth having that for the main line to the header tank.

Also to help bleed it and stop any airlocks in the top of the radiator a ball valve to fit in place of the 5/16 or 3/8 line to the header tank would be good.

I have a new 52 mm alloy radiator, I'm blocking the outlets with alloy blanks that will be tig welded. It shouldn't be too hard to find the appropriate rubber blanking bungs.

I think that leaving until the end of the week will be long enough for the majority of regular forum members  to review the group buy and make a decision. Hammond  said that they want 50% payment up front, with the remainder paid upon completion.

Hammond Engineering has really stiffed us on freight - $30 per Express Post sachet, or $70 for all housing delivered to one address.  I'm really pissed about this and we had a bit of a stand  up about it. So much so, that I'm investigating other suppliers. As I don't think that it is fair or respectful to those participating in the group buy.  I'll update the thread and those already participating, if any other alternative come available.

BTW, the owner of Cranky 6 (Formerly Jet066)  is also considering running a group buy on a billet housing. He's contacted Plazmaman, and at At the moment he cannot get any better pricing than us.  More to come...

People interested:

1.  HI PSI
2. Ozywalker
3. Travis
4. Callum
5. Espoig

6. Tazzanz

im tempted to get in on this even though I dont have a falcoon currently.

@HI PSI if it helps and you cant work on cheaper freight happy for you to send it to my mrs addy and I can get them sent from there for zero bones as they have a mail room.

Be interesting to see if CRANKY6 comes up with anything. Plazmaman would be ideal not sure why they haven't done it yet.

Edited by tazzanz

"I spoke to plazmaman and they said they weighed it up and its just to time consuming to bother doing and price would be around the 500 mark", was what he said....

Hmmm... I know Independent motorsports were the original purchasers of those pictured units above. So might be easier to deal with them direct?

Edited by tazzanz

Spoke to Hammond engineering today. He said that the housing normally has the bypass  installed and that facilitating the radiator outlet/bleed is not a problem.  We do however need a consensus on the positioning of these. Personally, I would prefer the cap bypass to run parallel with the radiator hose, and the radiator bleed to be in the factory position. I need feedback on this ASAP, as the order will be placed on Friday. Please note that Hammond will not be supplying the barbs for the housings. These can be easily sourced from any of you local speed shops, or Ebay..

Hammond has requested that we make full payment (Including the $30 freight) upon ordering. I am more than happy to collect the funds and make the order. Please pm me for account detail and please provide a postal address  for the freight while you are at it...

Regards

Got a price back from MFP this morning.

"For 5 it’ll be over 3k. There’s about 4 hours work in rack one at $120ph plus drawing and materials"

For the outlet from the cap I'd say put it facing back towards the windscreen. Hides it and then put a 90* on it and hide the line to the recovery tank.

Realistically does it need the bleed line returned there?
HIPSI, I was thinking along the lines of your idea. Turns out b series radiators fit the fg so maybe blank the factory bleed line and use an air bleed screw/bung at the top of the cold side, what do you think?

Where does everyone plan on putting there recovery tanks?

- Also do you have paypal

Edited by tazzanz

I'm planning on mounting mine on the L/H chassis rail, near my catch can.

I could do paypal for you. If you want to paypal for security, keep in mind that there will be a lag time is 3-4 weeks for manufacturing. I think that this would mot likely go over the maximum time... Not that you need it with me. I'm a pretty stand up guy..

Personally, I'm not keen on the over pressure facing rearward. As anyone with a forward facing plenum will have issues with the fuel rail and getting it past the plenum.  I prefer it to run parallel with the hose, as it will keep it neat and allow for the tank to be mounted and hidden down on the chassis rail..

kTGBRKJ.jpg